No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
61 results in 0.0825 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hi Tina! Thanks DiannaKennedy for paging me. She knows me well. :-)

Cheryl already answered some of your questions, but I thought I would chime in as I am the teacher.

1. We will be doing the second half of the two-year pace for Latina Christiana. You don't have to have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to AP Tests
    I think AP exams can be all over the place regarding whether they will give your child credit. My son took AP Government and Politics as a 9th grader (through another provider as MP doesn't offer it). He did great in the course, and got a 5. One of the colleges he is looking at will give him 8 political...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to American/Modern Studies ???
    Haha! So sorry. And I don't know how this didn't come up in our discussion before on history. If klwalukas is leading it then it will be excellent. The only reason I'm not doing it for 9th is that we did Ren/Ref this year with Kristin already....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to American/Modern Studies ???
    Thanks Dianna! Not finding my handle is evidence that I need to be here more often. :-)

This is all helpful!

Tanya mentioned Ren/Ref Times, and Vita Beata will be doing that next year combined with the Book of the Middle Ages if someone is interested in that route....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to Christian Latin
    I have the same questions ladies. My oldest is in AP Latin in 10th, but I would like to delay that for my next son. My second son will be in 9th next year. He has Mr. Joslyn this year for Caesar and loves him, and we intend to continue next year with Mr. Joslyn for Cicero. I know he can handle the Cicero...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to National Latin Exam Level 3
    Jessica,

Thank you!!! I was just going to ask you directly, but I thought I would crowd source a bit first. And I thought maybe others could use the advice, too, if I posted here. ;-) Using the plan that got his Latin buddy a gold medal is more likely to appease him than me telling him...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to National Latin Exam Level 3
    Thank you so much Tanya! That will ease his mind and, therefore, make my life easier. ;-)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    started a topic National Latin Exam Level 3

National Latin Exam Level 3

I just went to order my son a study guide for the National Latin Exam Level 3 . . . and found that there wasn't one. :-) I didn't sign him up for the online study class, because it's at the same time as his Cicero class. I am of zero help to him, so he's going to be stressed when I tell him that there...
    See more | Go to post

• Catfan
    replied to Thesaurus for Composition
    We ultimately did get the Synonym Finder and it's very well loved and used. So we have been quite pleased....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    started a topic OT: Delectare Online

OT: Delectare Online

Hi All,

Many Memoria Press moms have benefited greatly from Delectare Online over the last year and a half. It is a unique opportunity to have group discussions in literature and classical studies with students around the country. However, Delectare has hit a bit of a snag. Despite all...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Catfan; 02-20-2018, 08:07 AM.

• Re: OT: Desperate Need for Famous Men of Greece Discussion Leader!

Jen is absolutely correct. I had my son sitting next to me this past year as our groups were still quite small. As Delectare has grown and I will have a full load of students, it will be easier for me to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to Corrections Link
    Re: Corrections Link

Oh fantastic! Is this new? I never saw it before. :-) Is this planned for all texts?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    started a topic Corrections Link

Corrections Link

Today I will be one of those people adding to your "To Do" list. :-) As I am preparing for the year, I discovered that you have a link to all the Algebra 1 text corrections in one place on the page where you sell the Algebra 1 set. This is very helpful and would be such a blessing for other...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: OT: Desperate Need for Famous Men of Greece Discussion Leader!

Please consider doing this if possible. I was a discussion leader for two classes last year, and I will be a discussions leader for a literature class this year. It was such a joy to spend time with these kids. I can assure...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Catfan
    replied to OT: Delectare 2017-2018
    Re: OT: Delectare 2017-2018

I second what Dianna said. Delectare is a discussion group and not really a class. The parents still teach all the material, and the Moderators simply "moderate" the discussion. As a moderator and a parent of children in Delectare,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X