Search Result

Collapse
13 results in 0.0078 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: Time involved in Language arts portion of MP

Thanks for the responses. I was rushing when I wrote my post and realized it when I read it over just now. I said "classical conversations." So glad y'all read my mind and k ew what I meant. Lol

This was very helpful....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Time involved in Language arts portion of MP

We use TOG for history, church history, arts (with other things added in) and literature. We are on year 6 of using it, I own all of the curricula and a multitude of the books that go with it, so we are sticking it out. We like it. What I also like are many MP resources, particularly language arts....
    See more | Go to post

• Re: How to proceed with Second From Latin - Struggling

Thank you all for your responses. I read through them all and sat down with my guys and went through the worksheets with them to make sure what was going well and what wasn't on this week. I think maybe I overblew the issue. They...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: How to proceed with Second From Latin - Struggling

I wasn't clear but we do own and watch the DVD. The speed with which he blasts through a lesson is a struggle for all of us sometimes. We do watch them together. I pause and explain sometimes.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How to proceed with Second From Latin - Struggling

My older guys are 5th and 7th grade and we are in Second Form Latin. This level has been a bit of a struggle from the beginning. After the first unit, we stopped, took two weeks, went back and reviewed all of First Form Latin then reviewed up to where we were in Second Form so that I would feel we...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Question about First Form Latin

Thanks so much!! This was helpful! We did LC1 last year, so I felt like it should have been obvious to me but wasn't. The layout is quite different with FFL. Years ago, I did LC1 & 2 with my olders, and that is where our Latin studies ended,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TeresaP7
    started a topic Question about First Form Latin

Question about First Form Latin

They say there are no stupid questions. Let's see. I purchased the whole set for FFL, including the DVDs. When I read the teacher's manual, I don't see the DVDs referenced. Am I to assume that all of the references to teaching the lesson are replaced by the DVDs? Here is what is in the book and...
    See more | Go to post

• TeresaP7
    replied to Grammar
    I don't use MP full packages. We were already financially committed to TOG before I found MP. I do use MP for Grammar and Latin and am transitioning some other areas to MP choices. Just giving that as a heads-up because our usage of MP may affect my testimony of how we use it. lol

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TeresaP7
    started a topic Grammar recitation plans...

Grammar recitation plans...

Will there be only 3 years or 5 years of the Grammar Recitation books? We are using them this year so we can focus on Latin more, and we are liking the combination with our writing program!! Thanks!!
    See more | Go to post

• TeresaP7
    started a topic Latina Christiana I supplements...

Latina Christiana I supplements...

We are using LCI in a couple of weeks. I have the tm and student books, the dvds as well, and I would like to purchase one supplement. Would we be better off with Latine Ludere or the worksheets? Also are there any free supplements out there? Thanks!!
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you all for your input!!! Great points! Jen, those are the questions I'm asking myself about everything right now...why are we studying this? I'm also wanting to nail down how to do what we're doing for less $$, and that is hard when there are so many great sounding things out there. Sarah,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• More Grammar Recitation questions...

I've already asked about this before, but after familiarizing myself more with the program and the accompanying books and also while trying to formulate my own goals and thoughts on Grammar, I have more questions.

I have an upcoming 5th grader who has been about 2/3-3/4 of the way...
    See more | Go to post

• New here...how does this sound for grammar/latin?

I have tried and failed to incorporate Latin into our studies. I have LC1, which I used with my older students and am now GOING to use with my youngers. My big problem has always been time. I have ideas of how long a school day should last, and doing Bible, Math, grammar, writing, latin, literature,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X