No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
110 results in 0.0391 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: Which level of English Grammar Recitation?

Good idea! That would certainly be one (inexpensive!) way to do it.
    Another thing I've liked about the samples I've seen is that the child can write his own examples. My son loves doing this with all things. Somehow, it all centers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Which level of English Grammar Recitation?

Gracious, I'm so sorry to have abandoned a thread I started. It has been a busy couple of days since I posted.

Tanya- Thank you for your advice. I had forgotten that MP advises R&S for those not doing Latin. My son...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Which level of English Grammar Recitation?

Hello,
    For my 7th grader, we opted to do grammar with R&S grade 7 this year. We did the 5th grade book last year (for sixth grade )and that went very well and laid a great foundation.
    The 7th grade book is a definite bump up in difficulty, but the main problem for my son is...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: This mom needs encouragement...feeling very frustrated with my 7th grade boy

Jen in Japan,
    Your wisdom has me completely floored and has provided much insight that I could not see because I'm too close to the situation (internal vs external motivation). That is all I can...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Opinion from MP ladies and gents on these books

Well, in the King Arthur book there were several things that cropped up. Launcelot was having an affair with Guinevere. Lady Elaine transforms into Guinevere's likeness, and Launcelot sleeps with her. Then, she has a baby. All of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied to Motivating a pokey worker
    Re: Motivating a pokey worker

I have a pokey worker also (7th grade). I have no advice at this point, just letting you know you are not alone and your frustration is understood. One would think that my pokey worker would realize that "kicking the can down the road" is not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied to Kids who don't "love school"
    Re: Kids who don't "love school"

(I wish I knew how to reply with quotes, sigh).

Yes, Sarah, Julie's mention of our kids (who don't love school) keeping us humble is spot on. Oh, how I have stepped over to put on my bib and be served some humble pie....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied to Kids who don't "love school"
    Re: Kids who don't "love school"

I read all of these posts once, but wanted to read them again after our "first day" back to school today. I needed, NEEDED, to again read that I'm not alone. After our first day back today, he told me, "it is going to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    started a topic Kids who don't "love school"

Kids who don't "love school"

Folks are sometimes posting stories and instances of their kids being happy for "box day," wanting to begin, loving learning, etc. My son is NOT like this at all. Am I alone?

He dreads the first day of school, doesn't even want to see the books I've ordered, and generally...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Start Dates - When are you starting?

We mirror the schedule of brick and mortar, since my HS'ed child's siblings go to PS. I found out last year that it works better for us to do it this way . So, we start in a few weeks (not sure either of us are ready!).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Lemonade
    replied to Rod and Staff English 6
    Re: Rod and Staff English 6

We used R&S 5 for 6th grade. Yes, that was the pace for the year (4 lessons per week and usually a day of worksheets). We only did the worksheets when there was a "trouble spot", so we did not do the worksheets as scheduled. We enjoyed Friday...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Box Day! Excited, overwhelmed and full of questions.

4. I have recently discovered repositionable labels (WalMart 1.20 pack of 75 in school supply aisle, by the post-it notes) You can write on them, and cover a box in your planner. I also cut them to fit if they are too large....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Lemonade; 06-15-2015, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Re: Trees, 7th science scheduling question

Back in the day, I had to do a massive leaf collection and identification in high school biology. Once learned, they tend to stick with you for life. Also, my husband has a forestry degree, and knows his trees So, this part of MP's curriculum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Trees, 7th science scheduling question

In my core curriculum lesson plans, I like how the "Book of Trees" is spread out. However, if we start our year in either August or September, the first tree observation hits in December. (Week 16 in the plans). I'm assuming that the deciduous trees at HLS, in Kentucky, have shed their leaves,...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Lemonade; 06-11-2015, 04:52 PM.

• Lemonade
    started a topic 6th grade is in the books.

6th grade is in the books.

We finished our first year of hs yesterday. Although we had a great year, we are ready for a long break!

My favorite parts of the curriculum this year were the four literature guides and Poetry for Grammar Stage guide. My son is a dog lover, and starting the year with Adam of the Road...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X