9 results in 0.0051 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Aquakiwi
    replied to Science Sets
    Info from Tanya

I just saw this info from Tanya on my other thread that I thought might help anyone interested in this thread.
    Tanya wrote:
    I'm not sure about the trees in your area of the world. Our Book of Trees course is mostly tree structure, photosynthesis, the structure...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What a relief!

Tanya, thank you so much for all that information. Your response has helped a lot and I really appreciate it.
    One other question though, I see on the forums lots of talk about changes to curriculum in the summer. Will there be any changes for 3rd & 6th, that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aquakiwi
    replied to Science Sets
    Insects & trees

Jen, astronomy will be fine for Japan, are you looking forward to going back? How exciting!

After looking at the contents pages of both the trees and insects sets, I think they are both usable outside of the US. There isn't a specific list of trees...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3rd & 6th grade placement help please!!!

I was hoping to avoid having to write a huge post for placement help but I can't, I seem to be going around in circles too much. So I am very sorry this is going to be long!!!

Firstly, My son just turned 8 this month and is about to finish 3rd grade at our local school. He is very young...
    See more | Go to post

• Aquakiwi
    replied to Science Sets
    Of course!

Thanks Jen! I don't know why I didn't think to look at the samples online. That will be a great help.
    For what it's worth I think the astronomy set would be fine for japan. However I see in your other post you have a move coming up so maybe you will be looking at...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aquakiwi
    replied to Science Sets
    Astronomy set will work!

If anyone else is interested I have been through the whole contents page for the Astronomy set and it is definitely fine for families living in the Southern Hemisphere. Out of everything studied only a couple aren't visible below the equator. All that is necessary...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aquakiwi
    replied to Science Sets
    Thanks Courtney! If the main books are from the UK then that would probably make a big difference.
    Last night I went back through the last 50 pages of posts on this forum! I found the astronomy contents page and a list of the birds studied. So I can now go through those and see how relevant...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aquakiwi
    started a topic Science Sets

Science Sets

How will the science sets from the full curriculum work if you live outside the US in the Southern Hemisphere? I presume the Astronomy is only northern hemisphere & the trees/birds/insects are mainly related to America. I am sure the medicine/biology sets will be fine. Please let me know your...
    See more | Go to post

• Aquakiwi
    started a topic Newbie Intro

Newbie Intro

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone before I start asking lots of questions. We live in American Samoa, a tiny rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, but we are originally from New Zealand. My dd is 10 and my ds is 8. I have been lurking on these forums for a while and have become quite...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X