No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.0629 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I will preface that we don’t use Rod and Staff. I personally would make breaking him of the habit of counting in his head my top priority - counting fingers isn’t better. It may take some work, but it is very much worth the effort. I work very hard here early on to not let counting be considered...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied to Geometry recommendations
    Is it a Memoria press published answer key or a publisher book?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    There was no test book for geometry when I purchased. I don’t believe Cindy wrote any because I thought she didn’t have permission from the publisher. The tests were/are in the front of teachers manual along with answers, but no worked out solutions like you find in the solutions key for homework....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    Actually I wish he would write a geometry book before algebra. There are more good algebra options than geometry options.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    I would certainly buy whatever book Mr. Maycock writes. We are groupies over here 😀. I can’t say that I am a fan of the books either, but I don’t have great other options. My only real point is I wouldn’t spend enormous amounts on the TM as it rarely was used. My oldest son did Thinkwell...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    I primarily used the solution manual for grading proofs in homework assignments. I found it very handy to have, but I was very hands off with my daughter on teaching so I wanted to check her work myself. If I had just given it one of my sons, he likely would have never opened it to check anything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    I agree with bean that if the covers match that it is good. It took me at least three tries (and paying about 65 for a new text on Amazon) to find a student book that didn’t have excessive writing and it really doesn’t appear that anything changed between editions. People seem to make notes on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied to Classics I in Seventh Grade
    For various reasons my children never participated in the diploma program, but when I discussed this with the previous director he indicated that whether seventh and eighth grade content would appear on the transcript was a mutual decision. My personal feeling is that high school math and foreign...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied to Geometry Materials -- $$$

this is what I pulled off the Amazon listing for the isbn - I have trouble posting links after the update awhile back...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied to Alternative writing options?
    Did he already use All things fun and fascinating? That is scheduled in third. There is also Intro to Composition that used to be in third. If Rod and Staff is working there isn’t really a reason to change. I believe you can still purchase lesson plans for Rod and staff English from MP if you call...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don’t think that I would accelerate her ahead of where she would be for local school cutoffs. Next year when she is in 8th I would start keeping better records in case you decide she would want to graduate early. My birthday was always the first week of school in September - I turned 5 the fall...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How old will she be on august 1?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The only thing I remember seeing that particularly focused on these areas is Sonlight’s core F - Eastern Hemisphere explorer. Even that doesn’t have any sort of spine that I can discern. It does have many books that look like interesting reads that could spur research on particular time periods....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would keep them in their own Latin. I think you will be happy in the long run to keep them separate. I would seriously consider putting your third grader in Latina Christiana. I think if you made it 3/4 of the way through Prima that he is likely more than ready to move on. I had two kids use Prima...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mom2mthj
    replied to FFL Vocabulary
    Jen,
    I have never seen this pdf before. I bought a new FFL student text for my youngest this year - three kids had the old one pretty beat up, but I still have my very old teacher manual. What appears to have happened is that when MP updated the FFL workbook and made some edits to the student...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X