No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.0826 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• So far, I’ve done both..accelerated one and slowed another down. My oldest daughter started high-school a year early. She was certainly ready academically. Here we are at the end of her second year and have decided to slow down for several reasons. First, when I think of her going off to college,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to 6A updated?
    Wonderful. Thank you, Tanya!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to 6A updated?
    The American History for the 6A/7M used to only schedule the guide for the 200 Q's. The Guerber Guide wasn't scheduled but I believe it did come with the package (I know then I didn't purchase it separately). If I remember correctly, this wasn't scheduled because they didn't have their students use...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to 6A updated?
    Follow-up: Looking at the Outline Guide sample, I suppose an LP for this isn't really necessary. I remember way back when the Guerber guides weren't scheduled, it was just the 200Q's. We had the space for my son to do the guide and I made our own plans before they were added. Just curious, if we were...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    started a topic 6A updated?

6A updated?

Has the curriculum manual for 6A been updated to include the American History Outline guide?
    See more | Go to post

• Katie
    replied to Physics independently
    Thank you, Beorn. I bit the bullet and enrolled her in MPOA. I really want this course to be done well and this will be a sure fire way it does! Maybe with the children coming up the ranks I’ll be brave enough to do Physics with them on our own. Or not…and I’ll happily continue to teach literature,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to Physics independently
    She is working on Algebra 1 now and I believe we are going to do Alg II next. Yes, Novare’s Intro to Physics....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    started a topic Physics independently

Physics independently

Looking for advice on how “doable” Physics would be at home as a mostly independent subject? I’d feel better about my daughter taking it through MPOA but I don’t know if that will be possible yet. She is a motivated student but Math and Sciences aren’t her strengths and I’m not much help...
    See more | Go to post

• Tears. So beautiful, Anita. I don’t know you but through this forum but also remember reading about your son many years ago.. And then watching the video of his reading (Faith and Life?) at your kitchen table with your daughter. It really touched me heart. That video was the encouragement I needed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to Math Placement
    tanya I'm sorry, you can't have Debbie and her family. We like them here in StL. But I will also admit we may have looked online for land in the Louisville area. I wonder how many MP people have done the same?! I would have to guess quite a few!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    And this is why I love you! ha...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    Good points, Debbie. I am leaning toward Algebra II for the last reason you mentioned. I much prefer Geometry to Algebra so I was thinking she may be the same and I'd give her a break. Ha. I have a wonderful idea..I'll just send my kids to your house for Math and then I know they'll be solid when they...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    Oh that's good to know. I had 90% in my mind. Thanks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to First Form Latin question
    I like this! This is my first year teaching a group. It is certainly different than teaching just my child. I would be a mess and all over the place if I didn't have the TM instructing the steps. I still feel like a fish out of water on occasion but we have found our groove with the order of the cl...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied to First Form Latin question
    I also really enjoy this new guide! It has helped ME and my slow brain master the material. These young students are just amazing with their ability to memorize and understand the material. It's hard to keep up with them!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X