Collapse
111 results in 0.0375 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• marge
    replied to Help me decide when to start
    I just wanted to chime in about boy/girl twins (mine are 6 and they have an 8 year-old sister as well)! I was also convinced that I would be teaching 3 separate grades forever, and when we started K my daughter was light-years ahead of her brother. The twins only did the Enrichment together; everything...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    replied to OT: MP Tumbler for sale?
    Re: OT: MP Tumbler for sale?

Just recently my kiddos were complaining that I wouldn’t let them have drinks at the school table. I cannot bear the thought of something getting spilled on books, but to a 6 year-old the 25m walk to the kitchen is a huge burden. Enter MP to save the day...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Introducing technology and responsible use

Following along! My kiddos are younger (8, 6, 6) but have also never used a computer, iPad, iPhone, etc. In fact, we just bought a set of encyclopedias so they can look up information when they are curious!

Though I know we...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    replied to Time requirements of MP vs. WTM
    Re: Time requirements of MP vs. WTM

Like Angela, I purchased TWTM when my oldest was a toddler (baby, actually). I devoured the book and it left me in tears...I was so overwhelmed and knew that with my own perfectionist tendencies, I could never put together a classical education for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Just for fun, Who Moved Recently?

I am actually going through bookshelves right now preparing to move our family from Texas to Cairo, Egypt. The positivity of this thread is just what I needed to take a deep breath and keep moving forward. The whole process seems a little (or a lot)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Thoughts on young ones learning Arabic

Confession: I squealed a little after reading your responses. I was kind of hoping that the consensus would be to learn Arabic and wait on Latin

(I'm going to indulge and ramble a little.) Egypt and Arabic were no where on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    started a topic Thoughts on young ones learning Arabic

Thoughts on young ones learning Arabic

Our family is moving to Egypt this Fall; we will be there for 2-3 years. Our children will be starting 2nd grade and K at the first of the year when we are settled in (currently finishing previous MP levels). It has been suggested that we (husband and I) learn some "survival Arabic" to make...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Ready to Throw in the Towel

I don't want to hijack this thread, but wanted to say a quick "thank you" to the Mamas who shared about their affectionate, friendly autistic children. My son (4.5 years) has exhibited a lot of signs of being on the spectrum, but I have been telling...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    replied to cursive fluency
    Re: cursive fluency

I just took the NAC Cursive Coaching class this past weekend, so I happen to have a few ideas handy!

* Journaling (especially in a pretty journal with special pens or pencils)
    * writing letters/having a pen pal...this allows her...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    replied to Cursive Coach Class
    Re: Cursive Coach Class

I wanted to update this thread since I have now attended the aforementioned online Cursive Coach Training!

The class is taught via Zoom, which is like Skype. It is a 3-hour class with one short break in the middle of the course. I would say that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Help from those who homeschool through medical crisis

I am so glad you are getting some good advice here. We will be keeping your little boy and your family in our prayers.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge

The following was posted to the MP Facebook page:

Attention all handwriting enthusiasts! The New American Cursive team will be hosting an online training session with certification on Saturday, September 17th from 10:30-1:30 EST.
    This one-day...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge

Thank you so much for the response. I thought I remembered you having your teachers at HLN do this. I will head over to the site and sign up!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• marge
    started a topic Cursive Coach Class

Cursive Coach Class

Swiped from the SN board:

[QUOTE=cherylswope;48371]Everyone,

Iris Hatfield is offering a class again!

Register by Sept. 10th for the Sept. 17th class to become equipped and certified with Cursive Coach Training.

Has anyone taken...
    See more | Go to post

• Is a desire for Classical Education necessary to begin MP?

Interesting question I had never considered until now:

The typical path seems to be that a family chooses Classical Education first, and then finds that MP best meets their needs. What about those that stumble upon MP without knowing what CE is? Someone asked in a FB group about MP Kindergarten...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X