Collapse
104 results in 0.0370 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• court
    replied to Large family schedules
    Yes, having a newborn definitely gets my mornings off to a slower start. I mean how can I get out of bed when I’m snuggling a warm bundle of love??. Thanks for your input. I’m taking notes and encouragement that we are all working hard at home. I’m not the only one!!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    Set school hours is definitely what I try to do. I like yours!! Maybe I’ll incorporate a snack time. My kids seem to be very motivated by food!

I might have to pay one of my kids to babysit. Thanks for the ideas!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    It is hard! I feel pulled in so many directions! I like the idea of teaching all the teacher led stuff in one chunk. I do combine my younger 3 ages 5,7,9 on prima Latina and any read alouds.

As far as exercise, when we reach about 11:30 am I am ready to get out of the house and move!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    I appreciate your input. I saw your post about your planners and that seemed to me like they would be helpful for us. I may decide to utilize the online classes in the future. We always start with Latin and math. But I feel so stretched between the littles and the older ones. Everyone seems to have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    started a topic Large family schedules

Large family schedules

I have 8 kids and am pulling my hair out trying to find the right schedule for us. I written many many schedules over the years and I can’t seem to do it! What works for you guys?

Our ages currently are, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 2, and 7 week old

what time do you start? Do...
    See more | Go to post

• court
    replied to Curriculum manuals
    I will just reuse the manual and use a different colored pen. I completely understand why they would allow a pdf. Thanks y’all!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    started a topic Curriculum manuals

Curriculum manuals

I love my curriculum manuals and they are all marked up and boxes checked. My question, is there a downloadable version of the full grade manuals so I don’t have to keep buying them?...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you Sarah! That saying is so true! I love it! Baby Dollie arrived this morning and we are in love. It never gets old! What a special gift from God. I’m amazed and in awe of His handiwork!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I went ahead and ordered cc narrative student book( couldn’t find our old book). I got 2 lit books, geography III and grammar IV. This we will do this semester! I’m due with baby #8, so we’ll get started as soon as this baby comes! Thanks for your help!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Okay. Thank you Sarah! I was hoping you’d weigh in! Thank you! I will definitely do what you have said. It makes sense! As far as lit guides, how many is doable for a semester? Maybe 2? My son loves to read and of course hates to answer the questions . It sounds like you know that age well!! The argumentative...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• court
    started a topic Which composition?? Advice please!!

Which composition?? Advice please!!

my son is 13 and will be 14 in April. He has done mo full core up to about 6th grade. He did the fables and narrative for composition. Then we stoop in our tracks and did classical conversations for a year and a half. He did one year of IEW and half a year of Lost Tools of Writing( which didn’t work...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Composition, narrative final draft question

Thank you for all your responses! I was asking because my son is not the best at cursive and his final draft always looks, well, let's say, less than stellar. It just doesn't have that final draft look. So, I had considered maybe having...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Composition, narrative final draft question

Do you have your children type out their final draft or do they write it all out? I've mostly made him write it out, only recently have I considered having him type it.
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Suggestions for spreading 6 A into 2 years

Thank you for your suggestions! I plan to stick with the unmoderated courses like spelling, comp., math and do those at the regular pace. In Latin we're just on FFL and I think we'll just have to finish that at the beginning of next...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Suggestions for spreading 6 A into 2 years

So I've been mulling over next year options for my 6 th grader. Currently he is finishing up 5 A and though we've made it through everything...almost except Latin( we're a few weeks behind), I've felt rushed this past year and feel as though we have wiggle room to slow down a bit this coming year....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X