93 results in 0.0236 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Kargo
    started a topic Black Friday

Black Friday

Just curious.... Any black Friday deals from MP this year?
    See more | Go to post

• Kargo
    replied to Geography suggestions?
    Sarah,

I thought I'd throw in what we do. My kiddos are younger so I am involved a little more. We start out by reviewing the countries and capitals. I do this two ways: I spin our globe and call out a country or capital and they take turns finding it quickly OR we use our flat map. They...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kargo; 10-14-2014, 08:37 AM. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

• Kargo
    replied to First Day - quick question
    The LC1 DVDs are long. We usually just watched them on Saturday or Sunday night so that Mondays weren't quite so long. If that doesn't work for you, the longest portion of the videos are the derivatives and you could teach that portion of the lesson instead of watching.

BTW- First Form...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks, Tanya! We are actually 17 weeks into composition, but it is still one of their favorite subjects! There is plenty of " middle of the year" enthusiasm still around here. I hope it lasts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Classical Composition Fable Stage question

Quick question: Is it important that students memorize the names of the figures of description (topographia, mimesis, topothesia, etc.)? I haven't required them to memorize, but I can go back if needed. Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

• Kargo
    replied to Art Cards
    Great advice P&G and Michelle! I bought the three sets of art cards seperately since MP didn't have them when my children were going through the curriculum, but haven't used them yet because I was unsure how to include them in our week. This gives me an idea of how to do that.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kargo
    replied to Share your "Bests!"
    Sarah,

I'm still here, but just haven't posted in a while. I thought I would respond to your questions (although P&G did a great job). As a background, we have used MP's full curriculum for 1st-4th grades (we are still in the middle of 4th grade since we homeschool year round)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Courtney- LOL - I know, I know. They are used to seeing their dad study all the time when he is at home so they don't think anything of it.... Not sure how long that will last ...... But no complaints as of now.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You have been given great answers. I just wanted to add a thought. My kids are in the middle of First Form now and to save some valuable time on Mondays we watch the DVD lesson for each week on Saturday or Sunday night. They have no bookwork, but just listen. So, if you wanted to be available to watch...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kargo; 05-19-2014, 08:17 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• We have been watching Drive Through History on Netflix with our Famous Men of Rome curriculum. My children love seeing the Roman architecture that still remains. Drive Through History retells some of the same stories in the curriculum. If you have Netflix, it might be something that will spark her ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kargo
    replied to Four day weeks?
    Sarah,

I have thought about joining a co-op as well for the social aspect. We don't need to supplement our curriculum, but I do want my kids to have time to play with others. So, I have left a couple afternoons open just for play dates with other homeschooling families and that works...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kargo
    replied to Young second grader query
    I love this plan too! Well done, MP!

We have finished 3rd and started 4th, but I would have jumped on this option had it been available as I had young 3rd graders as well. It took a good 8 weeks to get comfortable with the amount of work with 3rd grade. Basically they developed stamina...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kargo; 03-17-2014, 11:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• I agree with Pickandgrin. We are in the 6th week of the Fable Stage and this is one of my kiddos favorite subjects. They look forward to the DVD teaching and I highly recommend purchasing it. MP breaks down each step of writing so small that it takes the fear of writing and turns it into manageable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I am not sure yet if I will be able, but am hoping to come. I would love to meet you all!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kargo
    replied to How's Grammar Rec. going?
    Thanks, Tanya. Your response helped clarify what I need to focus on. My kiddos still ask if they need to answer in "complete sentences with capital letters and periods". My favorite response now is, "What do you think you should do?"
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X