500 results in 0.1329 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• KF2000
    replied to Doing It All in a Full Core
    Shauna,
    I am glad you asked this question, and I am glad that every year, this gets brought up again and again, because each of us is having yet another year of homeschooling, too. Sometimes we are on the advice-giving side of things, and sometimes we are reading along, needing the reminders...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied to New to MP!
    Hello and welcome!
    I am late to the welcome train...but so glad to see you have gotten so much great information already. That is not surprising...this Forum is THE place for that kind of helpful advice!
    Seven years with CC...that is a long time. You are definitely experienced at this,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• So, it looks like my login was weird after the maintenance, but I was able to get it figured out now and am back in my normal account. That previous message was also from me!

AMDG,
    Sarah
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I am with Mrs Bee in thinking of AW as part of the Classical studies, so I don’t skip it. We really like all the Mills books, so I do try to squeeze ALL of them in!

AMDG,
    Sarah...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied to Dictation
    Back to your original question about the purpose of dictation, there is some rationale behind it. I don’t have an expert to quote, but I do know that it is tied to the development of writing skills in the brain. Being able to write an original sentence of one’s own thought is a difficult skill....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When we lived in MN, our church was run by a religious order that had their members live all over the world in their different apostolates. One of the nuns who came to visit one summer was so sweet...she really took a shine to our girls, so we got to know her pretty well. I did ask her about language...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied to Need ecouragement..
    Heather,
    I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis.
    That. Really. Stinks. (to put it in the most ridiculously understatement-type way that is appropriate for the Forum.)

The job change thing - sure; definitely an adjustment. Moving cross the globe - sure; huge change!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sorry! When we moved here I finally passed them on to a friend in IL who is in the same situation.

AMDG,
    Sarah...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This IS intriguing to me. I have been getting the emails about it, but they were slow to get it all up on the website. It looks like it is all there now, and I will dig into it a bit more, as it looks interesting. We did use the old Our Holy Faith books years ago, and we really liked them. The parts...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    replied to Dealing with stops and starts
    Sorry for the double post...My internet was being glitchy so I did not know the first one went through and now I can’t seem to edit it.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    Jen,
    Oh *for sure* we have had school-while-mom-is-resting-in-bed. During flares? There’s no other way to do it. We used to have to do that because of morning sickness, so it is not a total shocker to them to have to do it that way. And for us, because they can’t be left out, many of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    Ignore this one...my internet was being glitchy so I did not mean to post twice.

AMDG,
    Sarah
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by KF2000; 04-07-2021, 07:29 AM. Reason: Internet glitchiness

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    Jen,
    I have sent a response, but for some reason it is unapproved. I didn’t even try to edit it. ???
    But hugs to you in the meantime, friend!
    AMDG,
    Sarah
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KF2000
    Hey Jen!
    Goodness...I wish I had some good advice for you, but I feel as though all I should do is sit in your kitchen, drink some tea, and nod along in solidarity. ?. The way our life has morphed into where it is now, out of necessity, is such that I try not to turn my head from the plough...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I do use the semester book of US instead of the full year text. And I do spread it out over a full year. The only text for which I have purchased the presenter’s guide is the Confirmation book. The others, no. I just use the textbooks.

For 7th (US) and 8th (Confirmation), they are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X