No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
187 results in 0.0256 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: stickies or other easy write-over item to use on the lesson plans?

I know this isn't the intent of the OP's question,
    but

As to a paper planner - I have had so much success with these - they're gorgeously fun and special and the subjects are customizable....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    started a topic Adjusting 3A for one day off

Adjusting 3A for one day off

Just wanted to share that Wednesdays are a great day to merge with Thursday/Friday in the 3A lesson plans if you need to adjust for a day out.

We do a memory based morning program that requires us to do a 4 day week with MP. I found it very easy to adjust that day (we do our own math...
    See more | Go to post

• momee
    replied to Math (again)
    Re: Math (again)

"Since you're saying that R&S does explain the why behind the steps, I guess my question now is how explicitly does it do so? I don't feel I have enough background to be able to add it in on my own and some of my kids don't "get" implicit knowledge."...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    replied to Changes for next year?
    Re: Changes for next year?

"We made the change last spring, I think. The reason was that we felt the GCB stories were too long and complicated for primary students. Cheryl Swope chose The Story Bible for her special-needs curriculum, and we fell in love with it for our primary program....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    replied to Placement
    Re: Placement

Glad to hear it was a blessing - it's hard to know the spirit with which something is posted online.

I wanted to chime in but am fearful to cause offense. I hope you can take what I reply with the spirit it is meant...and apply only if it fits. I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    replied to Placement

Hi,
    I removed it because Tanya is the master of recommendations and her rec was to consider different course levels. My post was all about staying with a core Lesson Plan. I didn't want to go against her suggestion because she's always been spot on for me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• A commercial for those considering a full core vs. subbing subjects

As a fellow eclectic homeschooler who in years past had great intentions at the beginning of the school year and made plans, bought material, but got to mid-way and found things lacking only to quit or switch by Christmas - I can tell you MP can do amazing things.

1) It will give you...
    See more | Go to post

• momee
    replied to Placement

post removed
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by momee; 01-10-2017, 08:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Re: SHould I wait to start Prima Latin?

Prima Latina with the DVDs is so great for us. It's not nearly as difficult to teach as I thought. My dd loves the tutor and doing something on computer breaks up our morning a bit and gives me a mental "break" ( I don't tune out, just...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Are the Student Guides Necessary?

I'm no expert but by all means purchase what you can afford.

We use the student guides, I found the Teacher Guides to be mostly answer keys. That said, there are a few subjects I feel I need both.

I decided on the student...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Preparing 4th Grade Student (3A core) for Greek Myths Test

All great points. I definitely see the effort required for a student to both memorize and be generally familiar with the material. Two different skills.

I appreciate the things brought up here.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Preparing 4th Grade Student (3A core) for Greek Myths Test

I know this was asked a while ago but I would just like to ask that when doing the re-write or making adjustments, this doesn't become a teaching to the test type workbook.

Higher level skills are required...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Cottage School Teaching Question

Jen,
    I am going to respond more with some questions about your Latin teacher prep planning but I wanted to add here, that is awesome!

Your time and efforts are such a blessing, I'm sure!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    replied to Core 3A
    Re: Core 3A

"But I'm guessing moving her into R&S 6 would be silly with just one more year of it until moving onto pre-algebra."

We did just that. Moved from Saxon to MP 6 which at the time used Rod and Staff 6 then COTR pre-algebra (it still might, idk)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• momee
    replied to Math placement
    Re: Math placement

I would get the actual test packet that MP sells along with COTR. Take each test, and go through until he passes each one with a B or above. Then if he got through every one, I would place into Algebra. In my experience, that's awfully young but YMMV.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X