Search Result

Collapse
200 results in 0.0328 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Re: Help! My 7th grader wants to go to public high school

I'm with Courtney, it's not really her choice.

We were struggling with one of our sons b/c he'd rather be in the workforce (understandably) that do schoolwork. We gave him the choice to take classes with a homeschool...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    replied to Teaching Latin - Oh my!
    Re: Teaching Latin - Oh my!

Thank you Jodi & Jessica!

Well we are one week in and I think I'm already overwhelmed.

Between the two of us we have eight children attending, though only 2 (both 11) will be FFL students, so I just let the other family...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    replied to new calendar!!!!
    Oh bummer!~!!

They're gone. Thanks though, Tanya!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    replied to Teaching Latin - Oh my!
    Re: Teaching Latin - Oh my!

We're starting at Lesson 1. They're just going over the first part again. I did invite one other family, but for now it's just the two of us; and yes we are both excited!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    started a topic Teaching Latin - Oh my!

Teaching Latin - Oh my!

So, I was asked to do a Latin class with another MP Latin fan. I've been muddling my way through Latina Christiana (as two sons have out-paced me and I need to get 'er together) and they have partially completed First Form and were thinking the class atmosphere would help them get through it this year....
    See more | Go to post

• Kami
    replied to new calendar!!!!
    Re: new calendar!!!!

Did I miss out on this already?!

Kami
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    started a topic Kinder Enrichment Music

Kinder Enrichment Music

Week 7 Music is Brandenburg Concerto No. 1 by Johann Sebastian Bach. The note tells me to see Week 4 for a brief biography of Bach, but when I go to Week 4 I find a bio of Rossini.

Week 10 Music is Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach. The note tells me to see Week 3 for...
    See more | Go to post

• Kami
    replied to Mp & cc??
    Re: Mp & cc??

Jessica,

I think the company (Classical Academic Press) might be of the Classical pronunciation perspective, but I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the videos that you mentioned but the CD that comes with SSL is both Ecclesiastical & Classical,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    replied to Mp & cc??
    Re: Mp & cc??

I used CC some years ago (actually I think that it was six) for a year and then I found MP and gradually switched to MP beginning with Latin. This past year I've been looking at CC again because I am really struggling going it solo out here. There are some great...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    started a topic Algebra Notations

Algebra Notations

In Pre-Algebra I allowed my son to put the number 1 in front of a letter to help him remember that m = 1m. But I'm thinking we need to make the transition to just writing m. When it comes to checking Algebra Quizzes and Tests, does he need to have it written as just m? Or can I accept 1m.
    See more | Go to post

• Kami
    started a topic SFL Intensive anyone?

SFL Intensive anyone?

Anyone else thinking of the Second Form Latin Intensive this summer? Really hoping our son can participate, but he's the only one signed up right now!

Blessings!
    Kami
    See more | Go to post

• Kami
    replied to Can this education be redeemed?
    Redemption at Hand...

Benedictine - I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Nothing ever quite fills that void.

Thank you to all who took the time to respond! It's been a long time coming, but I just read through all of them again. I think a couple of reasons we weren't...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Kami; 05-15-2016, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Re: Starting a classical, Christian, MP cottage school...a running dialogue.

Jennifer,

I'd get another opinion. For a year-long course I think $50 is too low. Especially if this will end in a credit that we can count toward graduation, it has a greater value to me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: So, If You Already Own the Old Latina Christiana...

Well, I was planning on staying with the older version. Didn't even look at the new samples, lest I be tempted.

I have the LCI books already for my son next year. However, will I still be able to get the original...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Kami
    replied to Can this education be redeemed?
    Re: Can this education be redeemed?

Thank you ladies! I really do appreciate your input, and I think I have had the same thoughts and concerns.

One thing that I failed to mention, is the community aspect. We moved out of state 5 years ago and have had quite a time making...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X