22 results in 0.0079 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Gloria
    started a topic streaming difficulties

streaming difficulties

The internet connection available in my area is not consistent. Sometimes we are even unable to stream a short youtube clip without it taking an incredible amount of time. Sometimes it is fine, though. (No, there are no other options in providers around) Because of this, I cannot rely on any instructional...
    See more | Go to post

• Gloria
    replied to Algebra 2
    Re: Algebra 2

Thank you so much. Very helpful. This is for a strong, self-motivated student, so it sounds like we'll be ok. We do like the looks of the text.
    She actually smiled when I showed her. Looking forward to beginning this (well, as much as one can look forward...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gloria
    started a topic Algebra 2

Algebra 2

Hello,

My ninth grader will do Algebra 2 in the fall. I have the text; I see that there are lesson plans available(I did not find samples for this, though) and that quizzes/test are available for pre-order. Is this all we need? Since no teacher's guide is part of MP Algebra 2 set, I...
    See more | Go to post

• Gloria
    replied to FF French?
    Re: FF French?

thanks I was not sure if MP French would be considered ok for high school , even with both books, because of the listed grade level. I was thinking Rosetta Stone merely as supplement to aid in pronunciation. I would not consider using it otherwise, because of the lack...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gloria
    replied to FF French?
    Re: FF French?

First Start French...sorry
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gloria
    started a topic FF French?

FF French?

Looking for ideas and suggestions...
    My student, who will be grade 11 in fall, has requested French. She has done no modern language but will have completed the second Henle Latin book. Would FF French with something like Rosetta stone be high school worthy? I see the recommended grades...
    See more | Go to post

• R&s

If there had not been much grammar instruction, I would aim for getting through an entire R&S book in no more than a school year...either the 7th or 8th. Very doable for 9th or 10th grader. And I would do it in a year rather than two, to clear up schedule for the upper...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Gloria; 02-10-2015, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gloria
    started a topic older lesson plans

older lesson plans

Are the lesson plans using Rod and Staff English and Spelling still available? If so, which grades? Thank you.
    See more | Go to post

• Gloria
    started a topic RS English 8

RS English 8

I read that MP was going to spread English 8 over 2 years and that there will be lesson plans for sale....will these plans be just the Rod and Staff book, or will they include the English Recitation and/or grammar from Latin Forms (3rd/4th or 4th/Henle)? Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• Gloria
    started a topic full or half year courses

full or half year courses

If a high school student were working through the texts and MP guides for Homer, Aeneid, and City of God, should one semester or two be allotted for the work (for each) ? From looking at the online class descriptions, I am guessing that these together (without the history books) would equal approx....
    See more | Go to post

• Gloria
    replied to First Form Greek
    I really, really like the Latin Form teacher manuals. They are beautifully done. Honestly, I would not want to do the Greek course without a TM. Please reconsider.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• guide

Are there samples for the teacher's guide/student pages for this? If so, I could not find them...Also, I am assuming you could use the teacher and student pages with the full texts (not the MP combined version), is this correct?
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Gloria; 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM. Reason: continue

Leave a comment:

• a thought

We spend 10-15 (at most) on spelling, even upper grades.

M--look and spell words orally; close eyes and spell words orally; write 2x. Discuss Rules, Patterns, etc.
    T--Words oral and written 1x half of exercises
    W Words oral and written 1X half...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ok...

so (clarifying here) the 8th and up student book and most of teacher book will be ready at end of August for the price of $75. The last section of teacher book will be available later in year and we would purchase that later in school year separately? Or would the last section...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gloria
    started a topic famous men of modern times

famous men of modern times

Would you be willing to post a sample of the student guide for this book? The website has samples of text and TOC, but not of the student guide.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X