Collapse
22 results in 0.0161 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• 6girls1boy
    replied to Algebra l
    The approach with the Prentice Hall is systematic, graphical and word problem oriented. I wanted to add that I find that the focus on word problems now is far better than the crappy word problems I did in highschool. Even though she doesn't have a cell phone my daughter completely was able to understand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    replied to Algebra l
    My daughter in highschool used this text this year and my daughter at home used this text this year as an 8th grader. This is a very good book. We are using that last version that was pre Common Core. I found a used answer key at Amazon for about 20 bucks and my text was for a 2 dollars.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    replied to abeka highschool math
    Thank you for taking my comment seriously.

My oldest, who just completed her first semester at an away public school, struggled after doing 8 years of Abeka. She was completely unprepared for the expectations of this level 2 course (aka. not honors level) Algebra I course at our local...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you Sarah.

I know too that sometimes unschoolers talk about those original homesteading unschoolers that had kids who grew up to write papers that were published, etc. (The 2 books or family names are escaping me at the moment). What most unschoolers miss is that those families...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 6girls1boy; 01-19-2015, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Not that it would matter to them but my aunt was a Catholic school elementary principal. She was really tired of getting the uneducated kids of unschoolers dropped into her school so that her teachers could spend hours and hours of their lives remediating these kids. Most of the unschooled children...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 6girls1boy; 01-19-2015, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    started a topic abeka highschool math

abeka highschool math

Last year, I noticed that the MP online school was using Abeka for Algebra I and II. I was happy to get the recommendation and then purchased the program for home. I am very disappointed. We used ABeka for K-8 in math and loved it. But the highschool program is terrible. Abeka Algebra I is nothing...
    See more | Go to post

• Thank you. If the books are spiral bound (excepting the syllabi) is that how you identify them as beta versions.

Thanks

Holly
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    started a topic Beta copies of teacher manuals

Beta copies of teacher manuals

Hi,

I was finishing writing my lessons plans for my 3-4 graders today and I realized that I have a few beta teacher manual's from 2-3 years ago, the last time I did those grades. The early elementary poetry teacher manual for grades 3-6 does not have the tests or quizzes that are mentioned...
    See more | Go to post

• 6girls1boy
    replied to vocab
    vocab

Thanks. I actually wish that there were some more exercises to go along too but tests would be fabulous.

Holly
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    replied to Common Core Standards
    thank you

I suspected as much, but when I went to read the Common Core standards it was hard for me to make heads or tails out of it. Most everything appeared to be no different from a standard math program or phonics/English program.

Thanks,

Holly
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    started a topic Common Core Standards

Common Core Standards

Hi,

I was recently informed that as more and more states pass the Common Core standards that there would possibly be changes in requirements and testing at a national level. The following day, I started to see references to Common Core Standards pop up in Evan Moore advertising and other...
    See more | Go to post

• 6girls1boy
    started a topic vocab

vocab

Hi,

We have used both the book of Roots and the Roots of English and would love for you to continue with those books. Also, I would jump for joy if there were tests written for both books. Thanks,

Holly
    See more | Go to post

• 6girls1boy
    replied to Poetry 3rd grade
    super. Thanks.

Holly
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 6girls1boy
    replied to Poetry 3rd grade
    appendix

The poetry book that I have states to use the appendix for an explanation of alliteration. However, the appendix is not attached in either the teacher or student guides.

thanks,

Holly
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Seton with Christian studies

I would just use the Catechism books from Seton and the St. Joseph Catechism. The Seton Catechism book doesn't usually take more than 15 minutes a day plus maybe 5 minutes of reciting the St. Josephs Catechism and then you would cut down the Christian studies...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X