176 results in 0.0308 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• armymom
    started a topic Summer Math Facts

Summer Math Facts

I have a couple of kids who understand addition and subtraction but are struggling to improve on math fact speed. We have a math shark (little hand held fact quizzer), speed drills, and we could get flashcards. We have used speed drills, but never daily. Same with the math shark, it never seems to...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: How to Advanced the Advanced...Gently...

Thank you everyone. I have a library list of some books we have never tried. I have a feeling the nonfiction might take off at some point, but we haven't found his topic yet.

I think we will stick to oral Prima Latina and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Different Sort of Special Need

Hello all,

I posted about my son Z on the main board and Colomamma (I think!) suggested that some of the SC3 materials might work for me, so I wanted to get advice over here too.

Z was four at the beginning of this school year, with a Nov. birthday so a JrK. But he apparently...
    See more | Go to post

• How to Advanced the Advanced...Gently...

Hello all,

This year my third child Z was supposed to be a JrK. He is pretty old for that group with a November birthday. In reality he screamed through first grade math with not a lick of difficulty and then proceed to learn to read and write in cursive. Right now he is wrapping up...
    See more | Go to post

• armymom
    started a topic Standards

Standards

So my husband and I are having a parent - teacher conference soon. He has requested that I tell him where the kids are compared to "where they are supposed to be." I have to admit this is coming up because we use MP pieces but not the complete curriculum. I am content with what we are doing...
    See more | Go to post

• armymom
    started a topic Fable

Fable

I have been looking over Fable for next year. We were not able to do the DVD at this time. I think we will be fine except for one thing...I cannot wrap my brain around doing a story backwards. I can image in media res. I can image beginning with the end and doing a flashback. But I cannot figure...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Keeping up with MP during a move

Jen,

Our advantage wasn't early orders so much as knowing that the move was coming mid year. I started the school year early and we have plowed hard for the first half. I feel way ahead, but in two months it will invert and we will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Eager, Able (but still small!) Children

Thank you all for the advise. He is intense. And Anita, you hit it on the head. I did well is school and by college I had no idea how to study. I do want him to be challenged so that he isn't in that place.

I guess the challenge...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Keeping up with MP during a move

We are moving too! Internationally! But home to DC so YAY!

We had the advantage of warning, so take that with a grain of salt. But, we are doing the pretty much cold turkey approach. We started school in July and will complete week...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eager, Able (but still small!) Children

So, I need some of the good sort of advice. My son Z is four, almost five. We are more LCC people than MP core people (I like making plans!) so he isn't really officially doing anything like Jr.K this year. Despite that, he has managed in our first twelve weeks of school to learn cursive (big brother...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Quick questions - Greek and art

Thanks for the info, both of you. I am glad to hear that my old text will work well enough. And I will definitely get the art history program when it exists. I love that I have a easy change frame that perfectly holds the art cards. It is one of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• armymom
    started a topic Quick questions - Greek and art

Quick questions - Greek and art

I have an old Elementary Greek text from a couple of years ago when Open Texture(?) was the publisher. Do I need to buy a whole new set next year, or can I get new workbooks and they will still match my old texts?

Second, I seem to remember a rumor about a resource to go through art...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: OT: Need a pep talk on discipline...

Thank you all. I do feel peppier! I am going to try jumping jacks. I am going to accept that I will be leaving some places over the next several months. I am hoping that a new school year helps.

Anita - that actually helped a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

To all,

Reading a series of stray comments, mine and others, does bring to my attention that this could very well be a summer problem. He loves the control he feels when he knows what happens every day. He loathes vacation because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Hang in there to you too. My kids are dd 8, ds 6, ds 4 and ds 2. The hardest stretch of parenting was the baby's first couple of months with the rest of the kids so young. Age 7 was a game changer in our house. She went from...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X