Search Result

Collapse
108 results in 0.0569 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Oh, wow that was awhile ago!

This Semester I taught my ds1 German 1 with the Kolbe plans (which are no longer listed on their website). I added in Nico's Weg which are short videos and there are questions to answer afterwards. We also did 10 min of duolingo 3x a week. We memorized...
    It's easy to learn German online with DW's free German course "Nicos Weg." For beginners and level A1 beginners with prior knowledge.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mbelle
    replied to Start with Latin?
    Glad to have found this thread. I have been thinking about starting some sort of class as well. I will also have a 2nd grader and I did consider starting a Prima Class and may still be considering it. It is easy to teach, fun to teach, and Ihave taught my older two kids Prima. I will agree with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Moving from Third Form into Fourth Form

We did get through all 4 forms with the help of MPOA. Third Form was harder to keep up with. Fourth Form was different and so we kind of found it hard too. DS literally wore the cover off of his 4th Form book and his work book is beat up...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: OT: Homeschooling an only child

I'm enjoying following this thread!
    My family is similar to Jen's.
    In two years my older 2 will be gone and I'll have a 3rd grader all alone at home.
    I'm probably going to send him to a 2 day hybrid school at some point much earlier...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Senior year courses for English/History major

Oh, that might be fun! She has a lot to say about topics like these!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Senior year courses for English/History major

She did at least 5 years of MP, but this past year she didn't do any MP, but went to a classical hybrid school for 2 days a week.
    She did 2 years of MP Lit (the old 7th grade online and short novel), through MP high...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Senior year courses for English/History major

My rising senior plans to major in either english or history education in college. It would most likely be a public college vs having a christian/catholic college to support her faith. She is a social justice girl with slight liberal bend. It's going to be interesting! She has a wonderful bible/theology...
    See more | Go to post

• Mbelle
    replied to Cottage school questions
    Re: Cottage school questions

We do not have an MP cottage school in our area, so we attend another 2 day a week school. Our hybrid school uses MP Latin I think, but I just prefer to take the MP online class for that. My kids did attend this same hybrid school they do now when they were...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Calendar format for assignments/quizzes/tests

I know everyone is up to their eyeballs right now, but just wanted to suggest a calendar layout for assignments, tests, quizzes due dates. It could be a link in the side under assignments for example. Also, it could go in the syllabus. It's almost there in the syllabus with the list of chapters,...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Is Online Academy a good fit for my student?

We have been an online family for 3 years. I have had 2 students in the online classes, with 2 years of Literature, 3 years ofClassical Compostion, 3 years of Form Latin. We begin our 4th year in Sept with Latin and Bio....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Any Australian families (or families not from US) using MP?

I saw this set back when my older two were younger, but was never able to get my hands on it.
    I've never looked at it, so I can't say anything about it. Maybe I'll be able to pick it up for my little guy.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mbelle
    replied to Moms learning Latin
    Re: Moms learning Latin

I was able to learn Prima, FF and SF along with DS. I dropped the ball with 3rd Form. I'm reviewing this summer with him and it's becoming familiar but I don't know it like I do the other. What helped me learn it, is that we did recitations all the time. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: Any Australian families (or families not from US) using MP?

My dh is from Aus. In the elementary age we did summer studies of Australian history using a few different thing. One Summer we used Bryce Courtenay's The Australian History collection. Other times we have memorized the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Re: If you could only choose one of these for the MPOA, which would it be?

We have taken all great classes at MP online. I think CC is the one I would choose out of that list. My kids have done 3 years of CC at MP Online. It pushed them and developed their writing in a way that I could...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mbelle
    replied to Cursive and boys
    Re: Cursive and boys

Love MP so much, but I will start off my 3rd child with cursive. I learned cursive first and it is my go to. I rarely print. My first 2 children learned print first and it really took effort to get them to write in cursive. DD was in 7th grade before she did it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...