X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandaleeni
    replied
    Re: Lesson Plans on PDF: Teaching Multiple Students at Mutiple Levels

Have you seen this thread? - http://forum.memoriapress.com/showth...-Tricks-Please

There is some discussion on about page 3, I believe, about a blank PDF planner that is in the works and supposed to be ready pretty soon. I can't wait! I am only doing 2 levels (7 & 3A), but this is our first year, so my 7th grader had to switch out a couple of classes, which means that I am using 4 lesson plans. I would LOVE to be able to combine them into a master lesson plan.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied

If your spreadsheet needs more space than Landscape setting can provide it might be worth buying a ream of legal size paper. While not as beautiful in your 3-ring binder at the end of the year, it might allow for better daily flow. Just an idea!

Leave a comment:

• bean
    replied

Some version of a spreadsheet might work for you. When I used it, I had two special needs students, another student and three outside classes I taught. It does take some set up in the beginning, but I also found it worked very well with MP materials. By the time I had the spreadsheet set up, everything truly was open and go.

Good luck! I hope you find something workable.

Leave a comment:

• Anita
    replied

Thanks for the input

I have three littles -- ages 3, 5 and 7. The older two are special needs. We use the Simply Classical curriculum. I need to streamline in order to keep everyone's attention and engagement while keeping our workspace as clear as possible. Just trying to tweak stuff so I have an at-a-glance Lesson plan for each day of school, instead of looking across three plans and trying to find a rhythm.

Leave a comment:

• bean
    replied

I only have one dc left at home, but I've taken on extra students and I tutor, so I'm keeping track of quite a few schedules sometimes.

I've done it by creating a spreadsheet by week with the books listed across the top and the week numbers or dates along the side. I put only the minimum of information for the week in each cell. I set the margins to the minimum and use 6 or 8 point font to fit everything on a page.

So for example, Robin Hood Guide (probably abbreviated) would be one of the books at the top and then the page numbers for that week are in the cell for that week. Not perfect, but good for tracking multiple kids at multiple levels at a glance. I usually need to print it in landscape, so I only get a semester at a time on sheet, sometimes less. It's pretty easy to update with a few clicks if we get ahead or behind. I always thought if I needed to, I could make it on legal sized paper and post it on a wall, but I'd need to print it at the library if I did. You could even color code kids, if you wanted.

Sometimes I add in columns for things like 4H, sports, etc.

For an older student customizing the MP plans, this free checklist tool that came out yesterday from Timberdoodle might be handy: http://www.timberdoodleschedules.com...ade/Custom.php

We're mashing up 6th and 7th and some outside items this next school year, so I put one of those checklists together for dd. In the "Item Name" category I listed the subject/ book, but also a brief note like "check LA schedule" so she could find the more detailed lesson plan. I plan to use these weekly taped onto the left hand page of a composition notebook or spiral bound notebook and use the right-hand page for more weekly information, notes, things to record etc. I also like that practicing instruments and such can be included.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• Lesson Plans on PDF: Teaching Multiple Students at Mutiple Levels

Hi

Just a quick query to see how everyone organizes their Lesson Plans. I have three children who are working at three different levels and would love to have ONE lesson plan for the day. Is there a way to do that? (That doesn't involve typing up a customized lesson plan for every day of the week?)
Working...
X