Nice app to help with studying for MP geography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice app to help with studying for MP geography

Here it is at the end of the year, and I've just now found a nice app to help my son master the MP geography. The great part is that we now have it available for Geo II and Geo I review for next year.

This app is called "My Geography". The main plus is that YOU tell it what countries or capitals to study.

This app is nice, clean, and not babyish or game-ish. It allows you to create study sessions by tapping on the continent, then the countries to study. You create "homework" Then, you "do homework" as you tap and answer.

Let me stress that we are using MP Geo I with workbooks as our base, and we do all of the work within the workbooks. This app is simply the means of review, and I feel effective to engage the child in meaningful review.

The is app is nice because you can customize. For example, I tapped on "Europe" and then countries. . I tapped each country that my son will quiz over next week. Now, what I chose is his "homework" on the app. To do the capitals, I create another study session in the same way. I can clear it at any time. I imagine I will have my son create his own study sessions on the app next year, as that will save me time and get him more involved.

It is hard to describe an app in writing, so I'll just stop now . I use very little technology with MP and am super selective when we do. I've had this a week, and it is a definite keeper, so I thought I'd share!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lemonade; 05-12-2015, 07:35 PM.

My kids also enjoy "Stack the States" and "Stack the Countries."
    Michelle

2017-2018
    9th grade MPOA diploma program
    7th grade MP materials (mostly 7A/8 track, a mix because we have grouped subjects with sibs in the past)
    4th grade MP core (thinking about grading up to 4A this summer)
    2nd grade MP core
    3 year old who reminds us to play and snuggle
    Veritas et Fides

Comment

I've only played with the lite/free version of Stack the Countries. It looks fun, but I personally wouldn't want to use that until the countries had all been learned because they throw all of them out there for quiz/play. With the My Geography app mentioned in my above post, you control the items for review/study/test. Perhaps the paid versions of "Stack" allow for control, though.

Comment

That is good advice and a thoughtful way to use it. I didn't think about that aspect, because my older kids have been playing it for years, before we started homeschool. When we purchased it I was just looking for fun educational supplements.
        Michelle

2017-2018
        9th grade MPOA diploma program
        7th grade MP materials (mostly 7A/8 track, a mix because we have grouped subjects with sibs in the past)
        4th grade MP core (thinking about grading up to 4A this summer)
        2nd grade MP core
        3 year old who reminds us to play and snuggle
        Veritas et Fides

Comment

Thank you Lemonade, I love it, already got her homework assigned. I love having things like this for car trips as well, or whenever a bored look crosses their face .

Blessings,
          Maggie
          -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 16 grand babies 6 and under!
          2019-20 MP 2nd, 5A, 10th MPOA, College student. Starting 7th year using Memoria Press
          Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

So glad to hear it.

Yes, for car trips it is great. My son used it on the way home from errands, and then proclaimed he was "ready for his test." And, he did great on it.

Comment

Working...
            X