Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet capabilities for online classes

Hello,

Next year will be our family's first year having two students taking MPOA classes. I would like to sign them up for different classes at the same time of day. I tried replaying two of my son's class recordings from this year at the same time on the same computer, and then three youtube videos playing at the same time and there were no issues with either of those trials. Is there anyway to know if having two classes going at once will be successful other than trial and error? I'm hoping to know this will work before purchasing a second computer for our home, and signing my kids up for classes at conflicting times.

Thanks,
    Janice

Originally posted by wisdomseeker View Post
    Hello,

Next year will be our family's first year having two students taking MPOA classes. I would like to sign them up for different classes at the same time of day. I tried replaying two of my son's class recordings from this year at the same time on the same computer, and then three youtube videos playing at the same time and there were no issues with either of those trials. Is there anyway to know if having two classes going at once will be successful other than trial and error? I'm hoping to know this will work before purchasing a second computer for our home, and signing my kids up for classes at conflicting times.

Thanks,
    Janice
    Hi, Janice. Based on the tests you described, your students should be just fine to take classes simultaneously. Here are the exact technical specifications from Adobe when attending multiple sessions at one time: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connec...html#c95client.

We are happy to set up two different test Adobe classrooms to test it out with you. To perform that test, you can call our office any time-- 502-855-4838. Thank you!

Comment

Thank you, Jessica!

Comment

My two big kids are taking on their two laptops the same classes at the same time, so not quite your identical situation, still we've never had a problem, even when my husband was working from home all the time. We've had issues with Adobe Connect in the past, but it was because we had to use a Chromebook for a while - and anyway, the problems were interface-related, not of connectivity. It may also depend on how good/fast the internet connection is in general where you live (eg, rural area vs. city/suburbs).
        DS (16)
        DD (15)
        DS (7)

Comment

Working...
        X