Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discount for Virtual Attendees?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Discount for Virtual Attendees?

    Hi,
    Does anyone know that signing up for the virtual option for the conference enable discounted shipping?
    I intend to check out the conference likely virtual (but trying for in person). I've heard that conference attendees receive discounted shipping?
    I would like to place my order this week to start organizing and familiarizing myself for next year as opposed to waiting until summer.

    Thanks for clarification!

    #2
    Originally posted by Amanda U View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone know that signing up for the virtual option for the conference enable discounted shipping?
    I intend to check out the conference likely virtual (but trying for in person). I've heard that conference attendees receive discounted shipping?
    I would like to place my order this week to start organizing and familiarizing myself for next year as opposed to waiting until summer.

    Thanks for clarification!
    If it is like last year, virtual and in person registrants will get a code for free shipping. I do not believe the code will be available early until the conference starts, you will need to check on that with someone who knows.
    Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
    Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
    8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
    6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
    4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

    Comment


      #3
      Beorn is right. The free shipping code is given after the conference starts. If I remember correctly, it’s good for the week of the conference.
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

      2022
      DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
      DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
      DS15: MP, MPOA
      DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
      DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD10: SC3
      DD7: MPK

      Comment


        #4
        Ah, that makes sense! I think I was really hoping for finding some kind of discount after I realized the cost of shipping my order. For the first time, I may have to order from other distributors due to the shipping cost.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Amanda U View Post
          Ah, that makes sense! I think I was really hoping for finding some kind of discount after I realized the cost of shipping my order. For the first time, I may have to order from other distributors due to the shipping cost.
          Honestly, if you don't need the items between now and July, I would wait. Conference attendees (virtual and in-person) get shipping completely free and then you won't lose the benefits of ordering direct from MP (updates, downloads, etc).
          Jennifer
          Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

          2022
          DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
          DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
          DS15: MP, MPOA
          DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
          DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
          DD10: SC3
          DD7: MPK

          Comment


            #6
            And remember that both Sodalitas and Teacher Training include downloadable conference packets for each session. These packets have all the relevant pages from both the TM and SB in order to see the format of the lesson and follow with presenters. There are some nice resources in there, and it usually suffices quite well until the materials arrive after the conference. For the first two years I always ordered in February because I liked to get my hands on the multiple grades I'd be going through. But then I found too much time elapsed between going over it in the spring and our late summer start. Having my books by mid-July gave me enough time to get through 15 lessons of Second Form before my students started in Sept, and then I just kept ahead of them. I would be tempted to order from RR if there was a book I really needed to start early, then I'd get the rest at the conference if you can wait another six or so weeks. Haha...RR shipping is actually so painfully slow it has to be the world's best deal to make me pull the trigger! MP shipping is pretty fast. I've gotten books in two days before!
            Mama of 2, teacher of 3
            Summer: First Start French I
            SY 22/23
            6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim in group, and Koine Greek
            MP2 w/ R&S Arithmetic 3


            Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
            SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by enbateau View Post
              And remember that both Sodalitas and Teacher Training include downloadable conference packets for each session. These packets have all the relevant pages from both the TM and SB in order to see the format of the lesson and follow with presenters. There are some nice resources in there, and it usually suffices quite well until the materials arrive after the conference. For the first two years I always ordered in February because I liked to get my hands on the multiple grades I'd be going through. But then I found too much time elapsed between going over it in the spring and our late summer start. Having my books by mid-July gave me enough time to get through 15 lessons of Second Form before my students started in Sept, and then I just kept ahead of them. I would be tempted to order from RR if there was a book I really needed to start early, then I'd get the rest at the conference if you can wait another six or so weeks. Haha...RR shipping is actually so painfully slow it has to be the world's best deal to make me pull the trigger! MP shipping is pretty fast. I've gotten books in two days before!
              I didn’t realize that about the conference packets for each session when I attended virtually last year. I do like getting the books in the summer because if they come too soon then I start looking at them and get distracted from finishing well the subjects we are already working on. That might just be a character flaw of mine 😉

              Besides slow shipping, Rainbow Resource and other resellers don’t always have the latest editions of MP materials.
              Dorinda

              Plans for 2021-2022
              15th year homeschooling, 12th year with Memoria Press
              DD College Freshman
              DS 10th grade - Lukeion Latin and Greek, Vita Beata Greek Dramas
              DS 8th grade - Vita Beata Literature
              DS 3rd grade - Vita Beata Literature, Right Start F, First Form Latin

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post
                Besides slow shipping, Rainbow Resource and other resellers don’t always have the latest editions of MP materials.
                Since this is important to you, Mom2mthj, all the more reason to wait to buy. I have been disappointed myself before for buying too soon (during free shipping in February) as an updated item would become available later in the Spring or over the Summer and then I would need to make an additional purchase to have the most updated items. Good for MP, true, but an extra hit on our wallets due to my impatience.
                Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
                Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
                8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
                6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
                4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Mom2mthj View Post

                  I didn’t realize that about the conference packets for each session when I attended virtually last year. I do like getting the books in the summer because if they come too soon then I start looking at them and get distracted from finishing well the subjects we are already working on. That might just be a character flaw of mine 😉

                  Besides slow shipping, Rainbow Resource and other resellers don’t always have the latest editions of MP materials.

                  I am the same way - I want to go ahead and move on...even if we are still 5-6 weeks left and I speed these unnecessarily...I'm flawed too!
                  Melissa

                  DS (MP4M) - 10
                  DS (MP3A) - 8
                  DS (1) - 7
                  DD (Adorable distraction) 4

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hello.

                    It's not really good for MP when you have to replace a book. It makes us sad. We want to be the most efficient and helpful curriculum company out there, and it is frustrating when you don't have books that match. It's that ongoing angst of having this living and breathing school at HLS alongside perfectionist editors at MP that creates a perfect storm. It's great that our curriculum isn't stagnant, but it also creates lots of problems, and for that, I apologize - again! I wish I could say the problem is going to go away, but it's not. We just have to make it as easy as possible, and we have gotten better about that, but I understand that we have created a perfect storm, not a perfect solution!

                    So, mea culpa!

                    Tanya

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don’t know how you people can stand not getting books till mid July! My brain would be going crazy all June itching to prepare for August. No way I could get my books mid July and be ready to start mid August! I need time to fit prep into all my other projects and do a bit a day and it takes all summer plus some. I’ve been doing the Feb free shipping and just dealing with new additions. The new books brighten up a dark winter and give me inspiration to get through the rest of the year so we can start the new one. Now, ideally waiting to get books till late May or June would be nice as I don’t really need them before and that gives time for new books to come out, but July? I’d be a crazy mess all summer knowing I need those books and don’t have them!
                      Debbie- mom of 7, civil engineering grad, married to mechanical engineer
                      DD, 27, BFA '17 graphic design and illustration
                      DS, 25, BS '18 mechanical engineering
                      DS, 23, BS '20 Chemsitry, pursuing phd at Wash U
                      (DDIL married #3 in 2020, MPOA grad, BA '20 philosophy, pusrsing phd at SLU)
                      DS, 21, Physics and math major
                      DD, 18, dyslexic, 12th grade dual enrolled
                      DS, 14, future engineer/scientist/ world conquerer 9th MPOA diploma student
                      DD, 8 , 2nd Future astronaut, robot building space artist

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by momgineer View Post
                        I don’t know how you people can stand not getting books till mid July! My brain would be going crazy all June itching to prepare for August. No way I could get my books mid July and be ready to start mid August! I need time to fit prep into all my other projects and do a bit a day and it takes all summer plus some. I’ve been doing the Feb free shipping and just dealing with new additions. The new books brighten up a dark winter and give me inspiration to get through the rest of the year so we can start the new one. Now, ideally waiting to get books till late May or June would be nice as I don’t really need them before and that gives time for new books to come out, but July? I’d be a crazy mess all summer knowing I need those books and don’t have them!
                        I am DYING to wait for the book list to come out for the Cottage School. With a house full of kids and variable energy, I need all summer to prep. I'll be ordering as soon as the list hits my inbox.
                        Plans for 2022-23

                        Year 12 of homeschooling with MP

                        DD1 - 27 - college grad, bakery owner
                        DD2 - 16 - 11th grade - HLS Cottage School - online classes, looking at dual credit - equestrian and theatre
                        DS3 - 14 -7A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                        DS4 -14 - 7A Cottage School -soccer/tennis -auditory processing disorder
                        DD5 - 10- 5A, Cottage School - inattentive ADHD - equestrian and tumbling
                        DS6 - 9 - MP 1 - home with momma

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Amanda U View Post
                          Ah, that makes sense! I think I was really hoping for finding some kind of discount after I realized the cost of shipping my order. For the first time, I may have to order from other distributors due to the shipping cost.
                          If you haven't placed your order yet, did you see there is free shipping if you spend $100 June 1-June 15
                          Christine

                          (2022/2023)
                          DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                          DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                          DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

                          Previous Years
                          DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                          DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

                          Comment


                            #14
                            The code for free shipping for orders over $100 is 6free100ship.
                            Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
                            Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
                            8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
                            6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
                            4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This is great!

                              I love the free shipping!!!! And many moms from our academy will take advantage of it, I'm sure.

                              How y'all wait for the books is beyond me! ha! I like to spend time prepping and reading the novels and such in advance. When waiting, something always happens to make me feel behind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X