Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration 2022

Hi friends!
    Registration is open for Sodalitas 2022! Hope you will join us.

http://memoriapress.com/shc22

Wonderful! Thank you MP for all the time and hard work that went into this.
    Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
    Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
    8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
    6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
    4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

Comment

What time will Sodalitas end on Tuesday? I'm looking at flights.
      2020-2021 Ninth year homeschooling, second year using MP cores

DD - grade 8; also in AHG and Tae Kwon Do
      DS - grade 4; also in Trail Life and Tae Kwon Do

Five born to Heaven, between 2009 and 2014; because of them we have a ministry called Naomi's Circle for parents walking the path of pregnancy loss

DH is a bivocational pastor

Celebrating 19 years of marriage this year!

Comment

Woohoo!
        (Plus more letters to meet the minimum. 😏)
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

'22-'23 • 13th year HSing • 11th year MP
        DS Hillsdale College freshman
        DD 11th • HLN & Latin online
        DD 8th • HLN & Home
        DS 5th • HLN & Home
        Me • Memoria College, MPOA Fourth Form for Adults

Teaching Third Form Latin and co-directing @
        Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi B View Post
          What time will Sodalitas end on Tuesday? I'm looking at flights.
          If I remember correctly, official Sodalitas festivities end around suppertime on Tuesday but some (like me) don't want to leave and start looking at real estate in Louisville. There have been interactions, shopping, podcast recordings, etc. around suppertime but if you are looking for flights out, leaving campus around 5 PM or so would be a good starting point. Unless you start up a conversation with someone, then you might as well just leave Wednesday morning. I am guessing this reply is not of much help.
          Last edited by Beorn; 02-02-2022, 12:00 PM.
          Tentative Plan '22/'23 - 5th Year MP
          Homeschool Dad & Tutorial Magister
          8S, Rising 3nd MP @ HLN & Home
          6D, Rising 1st MP @ HLN & Home
          4S, Rising K MP @ HLN & Home

Comment

Kristi B Yes, as said above, we are done at about 5PM. We regroup in the gym after the last breakout on Tuesday, share a few final thoughts, then head outside for the group picture. So, maybe 5:15 PM.

Comment

Yea! Monkey wrench in my coming- hubby applied for 2 jobs in the UK! I can’t sign up until we know if he gets one.
              The Older Boys:
              J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
              S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
              G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
              D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
              F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
              M- 9/16

Comment

Even if you're just contemplating Sodalitas 2022, I hope you will connect with us on the Sodalitas Facebook group as well:

Next week we start giveaways!

Comment

Will there be a virtual option for the Wednesday pre-conference teacher training? I’d love to attend in person, but that’s just not realistic this year (mostly because my nursing toddler is TOO wild to bring, yet also way too mommy-dependent to leave behind). I’m eyeing the full day of TFL training hopefully, because I fear I’ll quickly end up over my head as I continue to work through the Forms with my eldest.
                  Carrie
                  Mom of 5 in Tennessee

2021-2022
                  3rd or 5th year homeschooling - slowly transitioning to more MP
                  5th grade girl
                  3rd grade boy
                  K girl
                  Littles running wild

Comment

Hi CarrieAnne . No, Wednesday's pre-conference will not be recorded nor offered virtually. We would be happy to have you virtually on any of the other four days!

Comment

Gonna be virtual for me. No UK move, but other stuff. I’m so excited to be “there” with all y’all!
                      The Older Boys:
                      J- 6/96: (CAPD/mild ASD) working/living on his own
                      S- 11/98: Jan. 2022- BYU-I accounting major

The Middle Boys:
                      G- 4/04 (mild ASD/mild intellectual delay)
                      D- 5/05 (mild processing issues)

The Princess:
                      F- 7/08

The Youngest Boy:
                      M- 9/16

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnne View Post
                        Will there be a virtual option for the Wednesday pre-conference teacher training? I’d love to attend in person, but that’s just not realistic this year (mostly because my nursing toddler is TOO wild to bring, yet also way too mommy-dependent to leave behind). I’m eyeing the full day of TFL training hopefully, because I fear I’ll quickly end up over my head as I continue to work through the Forms with my eldest.
                        I highly encourage you to take the the Adult TFL class offered this summer!!
                        Christine

(2022/2023)
                        DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                        DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

I highly encourage you to take the the Adult TFL class offered this summer!!
                          I’ve thought about it! But I’m so far behind in my vocabulary memorization from SFL! I understand the content well, but rely extensively on my book where my poor tired brain hasn’t memorized nearly adequately enough. I’ve started using quizlet to drill myself on my phone when I’m putting the baby (toddler) to bed, but I’m still so behind!!
                          Carrie
                          Mom of 5 in Tennessee

2021-2022
                          3rd or 5th year homeschooling - slowly transitioning to more MP
                          5th grade girl
                          3rd grade boy
                          K girl
                          Littles running wild

Comment

Originally posted by CarrieAnne View Post

I’ve thought about it! But I’m so far behind in my vocabulary memorization from SFL! I understand the content well, but rely extensively on my book where my poor tired brain hasn’t memorized nearly adequately enough. I’ve started using quizlet to drill myself on my phone when I’m putting the baby (toddler) to bed, but I’m still so behind!!
                            I hear you!! The summer I took FFL I did not keep up with the vocabulary and then I missed essentially two weeks of classes. I thought I would have the year to "re-learn" while I taught my daughter. Of course, because I took the class she was actually pretty self sufficient. (go figure...but actually taking the class allowed me to be able to oversee and realize she could do it independently) (my next child I know will need much more help!). She studied vocabulary cards every day (breaking them up over the week) and I quizzed her on the drill questions 2x per week. Other than that, she watched the DVD, worked through the workbook and did REALLY well. So, I was pretty hands off. I enrolled in SFL the following summer (not smart). I basically spent the summer SFL learning the FFL. What I learned from this experience was that it was less hard than I thought. I "caught" up FFL within about 4 weeks. It did put me way behind on the SFL class, of course. So, I re-erolled in the fall and was much more able to keep up, but honestly, still fell behind (I got the *C*). Right now, I still have about 10 lessons to go, but feel pretty confident in the first 15 lessons. I printed the quizzes out and I basically do 1 a day (I write the answers in a .$70 notebook) along with trying to "hook" my latin learning around meals. In the morning I am able to spend the most amount of time, but there are bad mornings I don't. At lunch I try and do 10-15 min and I do the same following dinner. I do have a stack of flashcards that sit by my seat so while I am waiting on a child, I might run through a few. Everyday I decline a pair of nouns and adjectives (small hill, great dog, etc). I'm currently running through the list of verbs a couple times a week. All that to say, if you can invest 10 min here and there throughout the day until June, I bet you will be all set! Taking the class has been more than amazing!
                            Christine

(2022/2023)
                            DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
                            DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
                            DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
                            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
                            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
                            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

Working...
                            X