Pre-Conference Track all day vs half day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Conference Track all day vs half day

I've booked my hotels all the way there and back, so I'm definitely coming! I wanted the luxury to sit in on Jon Christianson's talks, but I know I'll be teaching a small class next year in SFL and CC Narrative. I see that there are two sessions for the pre-conference track. I see part I of SFL and part II. Could I do part one of SFL and part two in CC? Is half a day good enough if we want to sight-see the rest of the day, or what am I missing from part 2? Would it be a better deal to just get the 5th grade SFL training on Thursday? How will the preconference track SFL be different from the 5th grade focus?
    Mama of 2, teacher of 3
    Summer: First Start French I
    SY 22/23
    6A, teaching TFL & CC Chreia/Maxim in group, and Koine Greek
    MP2 w/ R&S Arithmetic 3

Completed MPK, MP1, MP2, 3A, 4A, 5A
    SC B, SC C, SC1 (Phonics/Math), SC2's Writing Book 1

I suggest spending all of Wednesday in Second Form Latin then watching a video of the Classical Composition. Another option would be to stay for Thursday morning and attend the grade level session that teaches Narrative, 5th grade.

Comment

I think I saw you mention that you were considering the virtual option for TT, so I wanted to add some info in case your return travel plans would interfere with attending the virtual session as it happens. Sodalitas attendees will receive recordings for all Sodalitas sessions, but they usually reserve the Teacher Training recordings for CLSA members. We're still waiting to hear whether they will be available for purchase by attendees after the live training. So you would likely want to attend TT in person as well. Carrie MP is there an update on purchasing Teacher Training access after the conference?
      Last edited by jen1134; 05-13-2021, 09:43 PM.
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
      DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
      DS15: MP, MPOA
      DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
      DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD10: SC3
      DD7: MPK

Comment

I won't be at Sodalitas. It's too much $ and too long to do all 3 in person. So, the intensive plus the TT will have to do. Hmmm...decisions. I'm good for W, Th, F.
        Mama of 2, teacher of 3
        SY 22/23
        MP2 w/ R&S Arithmetic 3

Comment

Here's another idea for you: CC will start with Fable, so you could start in SFL. Then, when you get here, ask Abigail what time she anticipates doing Narrative, and you can hop out of SFL into CC. Then, when Abigail moves on to Chreia, you can finish up in SFL. You may hop around between them as needed. I would encourage you to bring your Narrative teacher with you though because if you sign up for SFL, that's where you will get your books for the workshops. By the time you get to CC, there may not be books for you.

Tanya

Comment

And the teacher training conference will be released for sale after the conference and be available for a limited time. Then, you are right, we usually take it down after 90 days or so and give it to CLSA.

Tanya

Comment

Any homeschooler registering for TT (either in person or online) will have free access to any track after the conference, we do plan on selling tracks after the conference for an affordable and accessible price for individual TT Tracks if one is not registered.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
                Here's another idea for you: CC will start with Fable, so you could start in SFL. Then, when you get here, ask Abigail what time she anticipates doing Narrative, and you can hop out of SFL into CC. Then, when Abigail moves on to Chreia, you can finish up in SFL. You may hop around between them as needed. I would encourage you to bring your Narrative teacher with you though because if you sign up for SFL, that's where you will get your books for the workshops. By the time you get to CC, there may not be books for you.

Tanya
                Awesome! This sounds exactly what I will do then! I feel pretty confident in CC since I've had these kids for a while. I've already watched the videos for Narrative and read through the TM, so most of my questions will be how to streamline procedures with a group of kids. I will try to remember to bring the TM. Do I need to bring a SFL guide? Would that be a good idea anyway? SFL's new workbook is the looming question! I'm ready to hear all I can about that.
                Mama of 2, teacher of 3
                SY 22/23
                MP2 w/ R&S Arithmetic 3

Comment

We will give all SFL workshop attendees a 2nd ed. teacher manual and student workbook and teacher key. So no need to bring yours if that is the workshop you are signing up for.

Tanya

Comment

Working...
                  X