Hotel and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel and Tips

Greetings! I am registered for my first Sodalitas and am very excited! I’m flying in from California and it will also be my first time visiting Kentucky. I see the few hotels blocked for the conference, but any personal recommendations would be great. I am also wondering the best mode of transportation while I’m there. Would an Uber each morning from my hotel be easy to do in this neighborhood, or should I splurge on a car rental? Any other tips to share? Thanks in advance for your insight!
    Rose
    DD1 - 16 (11th grade, Great Books student + dual enrollment)
    DD2 - 10 (MP 4A)
    DS - 2 (MP Preschool)

Considering the price is nearly similar, the three choices, besides the Quality Inn would be fine. I would just go with personal preference. I believe I usually stay at the Hampton. I don't think you need a rental, but totally up to you. Usually there are enough people staying that someone will give you a ride! (UBER as a back up). Monday you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner at Sodalitas, so if you don't mind hanging there until after dinner and then going to room (honestly that's what I like to do, because I am WAY over stimulated......?) I think you could almost rely on someone getting you to and from. . If you think you might want to socialize more after and get out and about, then an Uber might be necessary. I'm not sure the cost comparison on using uber several times over a straight rental. I honestly never used Uber myself! ?
    Christine

2020/2021)
    DD1 8/23/09 - MP4 (Math 5)
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC 5/6 2 year pace
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2/Storytime Treasures/AAR

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, SC 5/6
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2/AAR/Storytime Treasures), Traditional Spelling 1
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR)

Comment

Uber is easy to use in Louisville, so if you want to go that route, you won't have any trouble getting a ride. Now if we were doing this during Derby week, it would be a different story!

Tanya

Comment

Working...
      X