Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiannaKennedy
    replied
    Re: Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

I'm still in the process of organizing all of my Quizlet sets, but y'all are more than welcome to pick and choose from there.
    I MAY have some duplicates, as I am still sorting through everything to get them how I want.

Classes include:
    Prima Latina
    Spelling Workout C
    Second Grade Literature Selection
    s -- Animal Folk Tales, Prairie School, Beatrix Potter, Courage of Sarah Noble, and Little House in the Big Woods
    The Trojan War (6A/7 Literature)
    Third Form Latin
    Famous Men of Greece

Leave a comment:

• Katie
    replied

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    Who needs what for teaching this school year?

I have weekly assignment handouts to share for First Form Latin and Greek Myths. I can share them in PDF form for everyone to copy (this is laborious, but 99% of the brain work is done) or I can share them as Numbers files if you work on a Mac. I just emailed 29 attachments to JodiSue.

My First Form set is still up on Quizlet, here: https://quizlet.com/pickandgrin/fold...rst-form-latin

What do you all need? What wheels can we not reinvent this year? No mother should duplicate the work another mother has already done! Ha!

Needs: Has anyone made handouts for Third Form yet? (I'm guessing no...)
    You are so very sweet and generous to think of this

I am teaching 5A Lit and FMMA to a small group this coming year. I'm working on Lit now, FMMA next. Likely I won't have the whole year ready before the start of the year but could share in chunks as they are done.

I also teach Art at our co-op with a small music study woven in. This year is Birth of Christ-1500. I'd be happy to share those plans for those that may have an art class.

I'd be over the moon for Second Form handouts.

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post

I have weekly assignment handouts to share for First Form Latin and Greek Myths. I can share them in PDF form for everyone to copy (this is laborious, but 99% of the brain work is done) or I can share them as Numbers files if you work on a Mac. I just emailed 29 attachments to JodiSue.

My First Form set is still up on Quizlet, here: https://quizlet.com/pickandgrin/fold...rst-form-latin

What do you all need? What wheels can we not reinvent this year? No mother should duplicate the work another mother has already done! Ha!

I didn't use handouts last year except for Fable; I simplified MP's rubric to make things more straightforward since it was our first year with Classical Composition. It doesn't go through the whole book, but can be a template if needed. Composition Checklist.pdf Just be sure to change the line about using one of each amplification -- learned at Sodalitas that they should only use one of each for the first handful. After that, they or you can pick/choose which ones or how many to include. Now that we're used to the program, I'll be using MP's Advanced Rubric from the K-8 board.

This year I'm teaching:

Ancient Greeks/Homer
    Famous Men of Rome
    Narrative
    Chreia/Maxim
    Lit 7A/8M (Treasure Island, etc.)

Any advice/handouts for these would be most appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Working...
X