Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Sending you a PM. Happy to share!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
    DD 10th • HLN, Latin online
    DD 7th • HLN & Home
    DS 4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

This is the first I've heard of Quizlet. I looked over the ones y'all posted...cool! How do you use them? Do you use them in the cottage school? Do you give the mom's access to use at home?

Also, I am teaching Prima Latina to 8 children in my home this year (praying/working through starting a cottage school next year). Is there a thread about how to teach this in a classroom setting? Or any advice? I was planning on channelling my inner Leigh Lowe and just going for it. We have 1 hour. Do you follow the curriculum guide and have the students do the workbook etc at home? Do you do any of the work in class?

Thank you for any help!

Adrian Swain
      Summerville, SC
      4M, 2, K, 2 yrs
      Blessings from SC,
      Adrian B. Swain

Fall 2017
      DD8 4M // DS7, 2 // DD5, K // DS2
      5th year MPer
      mini cottage school this year in my home...HLS Summerville in the works!

Comment

Originally posted by adr1anraye View Post
        This is the first I've heard of Quizlet. I looked over the ones y'all posted...cool! How do you use them? Do you use them in the cottage school? Do you give the mom's access to use at home?

Also, I am teaching Prima Latina to 8 children in my home this year (praying/working through starting a cottage school next year). Is there a thread about how to teach this in a classroom setting? Or any advice? I was planning on channelling my inner Leigh Lowe and just going for it. We have 1 hour. Do you follow the curriculum guide and have the students do the workbook etc at home? Do you do any of the work in class?

Thank you for any help!

Adrian Swain
        Summerville, SC
        4M, 2, K, 2 yrs
        I taught PL last year to about that many kids, and our class looked like:

recitation
        Intro of new vocab/concept/new lines of prayer/latin phrase
        Games: hangman, bingo, charades, flashcard lightning round

We only used 45 minutes or so max, but my class was after lunch and people were antsy.

It was fun, though. I loved it!!
        Jodi
        ~~~~~~~
        2019-20 School Year:
        Ethan (7A)
        Matthew (5A)
        Silas (1st)
        Eleanor (4yo dabbling in PK as time allows)
        Andrew (brand new as of Oct 2019)

Comment

Thank you that is helpful!

Adrian
          Blessings from SC,
          Adrian B. Swain

Fall 2017
          DD8 4M // DS7, 2 // DD5, K // DS2
          5th year MPer
          mini cottage school this year in my home...HLS Summerville in the works!

Comment

I am teaching Latina Christiana to 3rd and 4th graders and First Form Latin to 5th and 6th graders this year in Cincinnati. We start next week and I would love to see the handouts!
            Michelle

Dd20 - homeschooled through 8th grade using WTM, now a junior in college
            Dd7 - mostly MP 3M with Saxon Math, All About Spelling, and First Language Lessons

Comment

Can someone I've sent these to pass them along to Michelle here? Thanks!
              Festina lentē,
              Jessica P

DS 12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN - Headed to Hillsdale College next fall
              DD 7th • HLN & Home
              DS 4th • HLN & Home

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                Can someone I've sent these to pass them along to Michelle here? Thanks!
                I be happy to send the First Form files!
                Katie

DS 17: Senior!
                DD 14: 10th
                DD 10: 6th
                Twin DD's 8: 3rd
                Mix of MP, Co-op, TAN and traveling the U.S

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
                  I be happy to send the First Form files!
                  Thank you!
                  Festina lentē,
                  Jessica P

DD 7th • HLN & Home
                  DS 4th • HLN & Home

Comment

FMORome/Lit 5 (LWW/Heidi/Lassie)

Anyone make weekly assignment handouts or Quizlet sets for these yet? I have a FMOR Quizlet to share! https://quizlet.com/pickandgrin/fold...us-men-of-rome

ETA: I'm also hoping someone has the "what's on the quizzes and tests" highlighted or a key somehow of what is most important in each lesson. I'm trying to save a teacher backing all that info out quiz by quiz for the entire year, when I know some of us have probably already done it. Thanks!
                    Last edited by pickandgrin; 08-26-2017, 07:00 PM.
                    Festina lentē,
                    Jessica P

DD 7th • HLN & Home
                    DS 4th • HLN & Home

Comment

Hello, I'm teaching FFL and FMR this year for the first time in a cottage school setting. I'm wondering if you still have the FFL handouts?
                      Courtney
                      Mom to 5 boys-14,13,10,8,5 and the girls- 3 and 1

Comment

Originally posted by makinmemories
                        Late to this thread...Over this last summer I made a dictionary for the 4A/5M literature and the Famous Men of Rome.

This is great! Thank you for sharing. I'm teaching FMOR and FFL this fall. Jessica or Katie or anyone who has them I would love to get the FFL weekly handouts if possible!!
                        -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                        2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                        Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Just email me your email address to magistra @ nashvillelatinschool dot com and specify what you need AND if you want files as PDFs or Numbers for Mac.
                          Happy to help!

Please note that they'll be a little different each year based on how many weeks we met. This last year we missed day one and the unit 1 intro due to the eclipse pandemonium.
                          Festina lentē,
                          Jessica P

DD 7th • HLN & Home
                          DS 4th • HLN & Home

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
                            Just email me your email address to magistra @ nashvillelatinschool dot com and specify what you need AND if you want files as PDFs or Numbers for Mac.
                            Happy to help!

Please note that they'll be a little different each year based on how many weeks we met. This last year we missed day one and the unit 1 intro due to the eclipse pandemonium.
                            Thank you Jessica!
                            -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 17 grand babies 7 and under!
                            2020/21 MP 3rd, 6th, 11th MPOA, College student. Starting 8th year using Memoria Press
                            Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

Thank you!
                              Courtney

Comment

Does anyone happen to have a FMR handout too?
                                Courtney

Comment

Working...
                                X