Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Who needs what for teaching this school year?

I have weekly assignment handouts to share for First Form Latin and Greek Myths. I can share them in PDF form for everyone to copy (this is laborious, but 99% of the brain work is done) or I can share them as Numbers files if you work on a Mac. I just emailed 29 attachments to JodiSue.

My First Form set is still up on Quizlet, here: https://quizlet.com/pickandgrin/fold...rst-form-latin

What do you all need? What wheels can we not reinvent this year? No mother should duplicate the work another mother has already done! Ha!

Needs: Has anyone made handouts for Third Form yet? (I'm guessing no...)
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
    Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
    DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
    www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Re: Let's help each other out...what are you teaching this year?

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post

I have weekly assignment handouts to share for First Form Latin and Greek Myths. I can share them in PDF form for everyone to copy (this is laborious, but 99% of the brain work is done) or I can share them as Numbers files if you work on a Mac. I just emailed 29 attachments to JodiSue.

My First Form set is still up on Quizlet, here: https://quizlet.com/pickandgrin/fold...rst-form-latin

What do you all need? What wheels can we not reinvent this year? No mother should duplicate the work another mother has already done! Ha!

I didn't use handouts last year except for Fable; I simplified MP's rubric to make things more straightforward since it was our first year with Classical Composition. It doesn't go through the whole book, but can be a template if needed. Composition Checklist.pdf Just be sure to change the line about using one of each amplification -- learned at Sodalitas that they should only use one of each for the first handful. After that, they or you can pick/choose which ones or how many to include. Now that we're used to the program, I'll be using MP's Advanced Rubric from the K-8 board.

This year I'm teaching:

Ancient Greeks/Homer
    Famous Men of Rome
    Narrative
    Chreia/Maxim
    Lit 7A/8M (Treasure Island, etc.)

Any advice/handouts for these would be most appreciated!
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Comment

You are so very sweet and generous to think of this

I am teaching 5A Lit and FMMA to a small group this coming year. I'm working on Lit now, FMMA next. Likely I won't have the whole year ready before the start of the year but could share in chunks as they are done.

I also teach Art at our co-op with a small music study woven in. This year is Birth of Christ-1500. I'd be happy to share those plans for those that may have an art class.

I'd be over the moon for Second Form handouts.
      Katie

2018/2019 5th year with MP
      DS 9th, DD 6th, DD 2nd: attending a classical prep school 3 days/week using mostly MP.
      Twin DD's 6: home with me and loving MPK!

Comment

I'm still in the process of organizing all of my Quizlet sets, but y'all are more than welcome to pick and choose from there.
        I MAY have some duplicates, as I am still sorting through everything to get them how I want.

Classes include:
        Prima Latina
        Spelling Workout C
        Second Grade Literature Selection
        s -- Animal Folk Tales, Prairie School, Beatrix Potter, Courage of Sarah Noble, and Little House in the Big Woods
        The Trojan War (6A/7 Literature)
        Third Form Latin
        Famous Men of Greece
        DD #1 : 23, college GRADUATE
        DD #2 : 12 MP 7A - HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
        DS #3 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
        DS #4 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
        DD #5: 6, MP 1 at HLS
        DS #6: 4, cutest caboose on the loose
        http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Comment

I will be teaching a weekly Latina Christiana class to a group of 3rd-4th graders this year, probably five or six kids. I've taught it 1.5 times at home, but never in a group setting. Hopefully there are already Quizlet sets for the newer edition of LC. I have a weekly plan in my mind...probably need to get it on paper soon!
          Melanie

2018-2019:
          DS 12 - 7M, MPOA
          DD 10 - 5M, Delectare
          DS 8 - 3M

Comment

Originally posted by melm1022 View Post
            I will be teaching a weekly Latina Christiana class to a group of 3rd-4th graders this year, probably five or six kids. I've taught it 1.5 times at home, but never in a group setting. Hopefully there are already Quizlet sets for the newer edition of LC. I have a weekly plan in my mind...probably need to get it on paper soon!
            Okay, that freaked me out. *I* -- also Melanie -- am planning to teach a LC class to a group of 3rd-4th graders this year.

I started to read your response and thought, "Wait, I don't remember writing that..." :-)

Anyway, I am working on time/place and then will be putting out the word and trying to find some interested folks. I hope to teach LC and Greek Myths together.
            Melanie
            2018-2019 ~ 5th MP year; 10th year homeschooling
            using most of 9th, 7th, and 4th grade cores

Comment

Hooray! Two of my favorite Melanies!! I'm interested in any link to updated Latina Christiana sets. That's what's on tap for my third born this year.

I do have SF handouts to share in Word--Katie, I'll message you.
              Festina lentē,
              Jessica P

Comment

Originally posted by melaneesa View Post
                Okay, that freaked me out. *I* -- also Melanie -- am planning to teach a LC class to a group of 3rd-4th graders this year.

I started to read your response and thought, "Wait, I don't remember writing that..." :-)

Anyway, I am working on time/place and then will be putting out the word and trying to find some interested folks. I hope to teach LC and Greek Myths together.
                That is a funny coincidence. I was pretty excited when I met you, another Melanie, at Sodalitas!
                Melanie

2018-2019:
                DS 12 - 7M, MPOA
                DD 10 - 5M, Delectare
                DS 8 - 3M

Comment

Well, I am not named Melanie, but I am teaching...LC and Greek Myths to...3rd and 4th graders!! Only three kids actually, but we'll have our olders and youngers together to do recitation too. Every Monday starting September 11th.
                  Jodi
                  ~~~~~~~
                  2018-19 School Year:
                  Ethan (6A)
                  Matthew (4A)
                  Silas (K)
                  Eleanor (3yo, chaos & charm)

Comment

Jessica what a great idea.

I'm teaching:

Latina Christiana
                    Greek Myths
                    Ancient Greece/Homer

I need to find a way to contribute! Right after this move....
                    -Amy

Nine babies, 6 graduated, 5 married, 14 grand babies 5 and under!
                    2018-19 MP 1st, 4A, 9M and MPOA, College student. Starting 6th year using Memoria Press
                    Director of Coop 412, a Classical Christian Coop using MP and based on Ephesians 4:12.

Comment

If anyone is teaching 3rd or 4th grade literature I am finishing up the literature dictionaries for vocab. If all goes as planned I will have them done by the end of the weekend. I know that someone has already posted a dictionary for Greek Myths, I'm going to look through my manuals and make sure I'm not missing any other subjects that are vocab heavy.
                      ~Michelle

DD 10 (MP 5)
                      DS 8 (MP 4)
                      DS 2 - board books and causing chaos
                      DD Born 6/27/18

Comment

Originally posted by 3Blessings View Post
                        If anyone is teaching 3rd or 4th grade literature I am finishing up the literature dictionaries for vocab. If all goes as planned I will have them done by the end of the weekend. I know that someone has already posted a dictionary for Greek Myths, I'm going to look through my manuals and make sure I'm not missing any other subjects that are vocab heavy.
                        Michelle,
                        Can you tell me the actual books that are in these sets (is 3 Farmer Boy, and 4 Blue Fairy)?
                        Depending on which you are working on, I might request a copy for our cottage school teacher.
                        Thanks!
                        Jessica
                        Festina lentē,
                        Jessica P

Comment

Michelle,
                          Can you tell me the actual books that are in these sets (is 3 Farmer Boy, and 4 Blue Fairy)?
                          Depending on which you are working on, I might request a copy for our cottage school teacher.
                          Thanks!
                          Jessica
                          Yes, Farmer Boy and The Blue Fairy Book are the two groups. I looked at Christian Studies and they don't seem to have a vocab list, so I think this a Greek Myths may be the only subjects.
                          ~Michelle

DD 10 (MP 5)
                          DS 8 (MP 4)
                          DS 2 - board books and causing chaos
                          DD Born 6/27/18

Comment

Sign me up for the Farmer Boy, etc. list!
                            Festina lentē,
                            Jessica P

Comment

I am teaching FFL to 4 ranging in age at our local library every Friday starting in a few weeks. Trying to get more we will see. Would love to get your FFL handouts in pdf! This is our first move into considering a school in Scott County KY.

Comment

Working...
                              X