Adding students to homeschool pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding students to homeschool pod

Hi! I previously taught with HLS-Anderson, and have since moved to metro Atlanta and formed a homeschool pod using Memoria Press with my personal and neighborhood kids for this school year. I’m looking to add 2nd and 4th grade students to enrich our class experience for 1 to all 5 days a week next year for any local families wanting some flexibility/peer groups! Local to Acworth/Marietta/Woodstock GA. Former certified teacher with Masters in arts integration. Thanks for any connections offered! [email protected]

Hello, Alice Burnette! I heard about your venture from Elisabeth! Way to go! If you have a post written for public distribution, I would be happy to share on my own social media page in hopes of casting a net to contacts around you.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2021-2022 • 12th year HSing • 10th year MP
    12th • AP Latin online, DE Calculus & Physics, HLN
    10th • HLN, Latin online, MPOA
    7th • HLN & Home
    4th • HLN & Home
    Me • Third Form for Adults, MPOA; teaching TFL and co-directing @

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School, est. 2016

Comment

Hi! Nothing formal, but I do have several photo collages I’ve posted in local FB groups. We’ve had a few more reach out, but specifically praying for some boys to complement my son...he struggles being the only boy! Would be happy to send you those pics.

Alice Burnette

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
        Hello, Alice Burnette! I heard about your venture from Elisabeth! Way to go! If you have a post written for public distribution, I would be happy to share on my own social media page in hopes of casting a net to contacts around you.
        I second Jessica! I have friends in the Metro Atlanta area who could share in their circles, but I would need a blurb/photo to post.
        Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
        DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
        DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
        DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
        DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
        DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Email? I’ll send y’all what I have!

Comment

Comment

This is exciting to see! I wish you the best in starting and building up an MP neighborhood pod and hopefully more in coming years. Sadly, I do not have many homeachool parent contacts in the Metro Atlanta area. Hopefully others here do.
              21/22 - 4th MP Year, Dad & Quadrivium Teacher
              S - 7, 2nd MP @ HLN & Home
              D - 5, K MP @ HLN & Home
              S - 4, Jr K MP @ Home

Comment

How does one sign up? Are there informational meetings? A number to call, etc? Do you have a location, etc?
                Plans for 2021-22

Year 11 of homeschooling with MP

DD1 - 26 - Small Business owner with 2 locations
                DD2 - 15 - 10th grade - HLS Cottage School/MPOA/True North Academy/Vita Beata - equestrian
                DS3 - 13 -6A Cottage School - soccer/tennis -dyslexia and dysgraphia
                DS4 - 13 - 6A Cottage School -soccer -auditory processing disorder
                DD5 - 9 - 4A, Cottage School/MPOA -equestrian
                DS6 - 7 - MPK - first time at the Cottage School this fall!

Comment

Right now, I’m just making connections personally through social media and friends, etc! 864-237-3354 is my cell for anyone interested!

Comment

Hey Alice Burnette , I've enjoyed working with Elisabeth at HLS Anderson during my time at MP. It's exciting to hear you'll be taking some of that spirit to the Atlanta area. If you want your co-op to be represented on the MP Communities map, shoot me an email with the zip code and name (official, or unofficial) and I'll drop a green pin for you. Also, MP has offered some benefits to co-ops that want to place bulk orders, so if that might be helpful for you when you get started, I'd be happy to try to facilitate it.

Comment

Shane S That would be awesome! I’ll let you know as we are being prayerful about the direction God is leading us.

Comment

Working...
                      X