Discipline Policy for MP Co-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discipline Policy for MP Co-op

We are starting a Co-op. We have about 17 committed families. I'm looking for examples of discipline policies. What does the teacher do if a student is defiant? Each child will have a mom on site but all the moms will be teaching or helping a class for nearly the entire day. I'd love to see what other groups do.

This may or may not help, but here is our Parent/Student Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...-gxrPquXU/edit
    We are not set up as a co-op so your considerations will be different. I would just say to have as many policies in place as you can on the front end that all parents agree to. That way it is not personal when you have to enforce them. I would suggest a code of conduct on the front end that all students and parents sign. The next level is what the procedure is when that code is broken and who enforces it.
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Oh, are you coming to the Teacher Training this summer? I highly recommend it if you can get there. There is a specific administrator breakout on difficult students and expulsions. I'm sure it'll be great fun to discuss--haha! I jest. Seriously though, you do hope for the best but you need to be prepared in case things go south.
      Festina lentē,
      Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
      @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
      S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
      D · 8th
      D · 5th
      S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Thank you Jessica. I'll check out your handbook.

Comment

Working...
        X