"It it kind of like Classical Conversations?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It it kind of like Classical Conversations?"

As I am continuing to communicate our hybrid school, I have been asked a couple of times "Is this kind of like Classical Conversations?" I am familiar with CC in name only, and know it is some kind of Classical co-op or tutorial, but have no idea how it works. However, here on the West Coast, when you say "Classical Tutorial", I guess a lot of homeschoolers associate it with CC. I have no idea how to answer this question, but I was hoping someone here might familiar with both model and be willing to share with me how CC works and how it might be similar/different in concept to a hybrid school using MP? Thanks!

Shawna,
    I've written a lot about this in other threads but don't have time today to search them for you (because I never have much success searching!). Maybe someone at MP could help you with this next week? The biggest difference is probably if you are studying Latin sooner rather than later (if you are teaching that) and if you require parents to stay (they do). I usually say, "They are an ally in classical Christian ed, but we focus on different things and go about them in different ways." You can tell them what you are doing and they can find out from CC what they are doing. You don't have to become an expert in everyone else's programs, but you must be able to share what *you* will do. It's challenging!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
    @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
    S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
    D · 8th
    D · 5th
    S · 2nd

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School

Comment

Good morning Shawna,

This thread contains one of Jessica's posts about CC as well as links to several other threads regarding CC and Memoria Press.

HTH!
      Michael
      Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you, Michael!
        Festina lentē,
        Jessica P

SY2019-2020 · 8th MP Year
        @ Home, HLN, & MPOA
        S · 10th, MPOA Henle 3
        D · 8th
        D · 5th