X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShawnaB
    started a topic Cottage School Promotion

Cottage School Promotion

I am starting to make plans to get the word out to prospective parents who may want to participate in a cottage school next year. Would anyone be willing to share ideas on how you went about promotion and communicating the model? Also, when/how did you let potential families know that your program would charge tuition, and what that tuition would be? There are so many ideas, assumptions, and preconceptions when one mentions "homeschool hybrid" or "cooperative". I want to give enough information, but not over-do it.
    Last edited by ShawnaB; 02-07-2019, 12:30 AM.

• ShawnaB
    replied
    Thank you both very much! Quite helpful.

Shawna

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied
    Agreeing with Ryan on these ideas. Facebook/IG is free. Canva is a good app for making high quality images with text for social media posts. You can build a simple website where you can contain all your info and direct traffic to on any marketing pieces you do/social media posts. I built our very simple site on WordPress myself and it costs us less than $100 year. If you build it then you can maintain it and update on a whim when things need to be added or edited. It really pays to learn those skills on the front end so you don't have to budget those in as costs.
    ​​​​​​HTH!

Leave a comment:

• rweston
    replied
    Originally posted by ShawnaB View Post
    I am starting to make plans to get the word out to prospective parents who may want to participate in a cottage school next year. Would anyone be willing to share ideas on how you went about promotion and communicating the model? Also, when/how did you let potential families know that your program would charge tuition, and what that tuition would be? There are so many ideas, assumptions, and preconceptions when one mentions "homeschool hybrid" or "cooperative". I want to give enough information, but not over-do it.
    Hi, Shawna.

There are a number of things you can do without spending very much money to communicate your vision. Social media is obviously one of them. A Facebook Page can be a great place to have information that you can direct potential families to. A website is helpful in this regard as well. If you can have a flyer printed, places like libraries or coffeehouses are good locations to post information. Using terms like "teacher-led" or "traditional classroom" will help communicate that you intend the program to be drop-off and not cooperative. Also, including pictures of students in desks in any material you create helps.

If you are willing and able to spend a little bit of money you can rent a list of names with contact information who meet the demographic you are appealing to. If you do this, you want to include some sort of call to action, such as an invite to an open house or informational night.

If you have more questions about the process of launching a tutorial/school, you are always welcome to call the Memoria Press office, we are happy to talk through it with you!

Best regards,
    Ryan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X