Thank you for the "virtual" conference!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the "virtual" conference!

Hello again! Wow, the videos for Sodalitas were a gift. It was as if a flood gate of information, that which I was specifically seeking, suddenly opened up. So many questions were answered about the MP curriculum, and so many things that I have been learning through trial and error this year were confirmed in the sessions about hybrid homeschooling and cottage schools. I feel like I have direction. I am planning to meet with leadership at my church about their vision for Christian education and now am much more clear on what I need to propose. I cannot thank you all enough for sharing these resources!

And Jessica, you are as delightful on video as you are in writing. Your presentation on hybrid schools was outstanding. I can't wait to share that continuum of authority with my families. I have families on both ends of that spectrum...100% parental and 100% school, trying to come together. I am also starting to wrap my mind around the idea of a curriculum driven school. It makes a lot of sense. As an independent, rather eclectic homeschooler, I have NEVER been able to follow a curriculum out of the box. However, the more I look into MP and consider it in the classroom context, the more I think it may be the exception. I think Cheryl Lowe knew what she was doing.

And Michelle T, thank you so much for the help with FSR! I wish I had watched that about 2 months ago.

Well what a weekend you just had! I'm laughing about the box comment because it's so true. I love to say that you should judge a curriculum by what's IN the box, rather than the fact that someone already did all the work of putting it INTO a box for you. That's like saying "I don't like premade meals" and using that to mean microwave frozen dinners rather than having a chef drop off a catered meal at your house. Bring premade isn't an offense in the least in the second category, it's a miracle and a delight and I wish a chef would drop me off a premade dinner tonight. Ha!
    Festina lentē,
    Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
    Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
    DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
    www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

I’ve been watching these videos as well but I’ve recently been unable to find the link. Would someone mind reposting? (I’ll make sure to bookmark it this time!)
      Son- 4th grade, homeschooled, full core
      2 younger children in Catholic school
      1 more munchkin up to no good

Comment

Originally posted by musdir26 View Post
        I’ve been watching these videos as well but I’ve recently been unable to find the link. Would someone mind reposting? (I’ll make sure to bookmark it this time!)
        Here you go! 2018 Sodalitas Gathering Videos
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
          Well what a weekend you just had! I'm laughing about the box comment because it's so true. I love to say that you should judge a curriculum by what's IN the box, rather than the fact that someone already did all the work of putting it INTO a box for you. That's like saying "I don't like premade meals" and using that to mean microwave frozen dinners rather than having a chef drop off a catered meal at your house. Bring premade isn't an offense in the least in the second category, it's a miracle and a delight and I wish a chef would drop me off a premade dinner tonight. Ha!
          Jessica P- do you have any notes from your talk on hybrid homeschooling? Mostly interested in the list you give of challenges vs benefits. Would love to use the same list when making presentations.
          Son- 4th grade, homeschooled, full core
          2 younger children in Catholic school
          1 more munchkin up to no good

Comment

They were handwritten notes but I think I still have them! If I can find them, I will send you a photo by email.
            Festina lentē,
            Jessica P

2018-2019 · 7th MP Year, 9th Homeschooling
            Interweaving home, cottage school, & MPOA
            DS · MPOA Henle 2, 9A -- DD · 7A -- DD · 4A -- DS · 1st

Highlands Latin Nashville Cottage School
            www.nashvillelatinschool.com

Comment

Working...
            X