Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Missing Pages in SC Writing Book 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Pages in SC Writing Book 2

Hi there! I just now realized, after all these months, that my book is missing the pages at the back. The TOC says that there's an Appendix (pgs. 148-157) with the following:

- Week-by-week List
    - Pronoun Visual Aids
    - Template for Extra Practice
    - Certificate of Merit

But my book stops at the Week 34 Assessment (pgs. 141-145) and there's nothing after that!

Can anyone shed light on the scoop here? Thanks!

SusanP in VA

Re: Missing Pages in SC Writing Book 2

Is this the Bible version? I just arrived in Louisville to work @ MP this week and do not have the books in front of me, but I think the TOC from the R-A version was accidentally left in the Bible version. The pronoun visual aids will be in the Curriculum Guide, if that helps. If it is Bible, you do not need a book list for read-alouds, because you will teach from the Bible story book.

We do have this on our list of things to correct for the next printing of those books!

Comment

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
      Hi there! I just now realized, after all these months, that my book is missing the pages at the back. The TOC says that there's an Appendix (pgs. 148-157) with the following:

- Week-by-week List
      - Pronoun Visual Aids
      - Template for Extra Practice
      - Certificate of Merit

But my book stops at the Week 34 Assessment (pgs. 141-145) and there's nothing after that!

Can anyone shed light on the scoop here? Thanks!

SusanP in VA

Yes! I tried to explain this when I received my materials last summer, but I'm not sure I did a good job conveying what you just said! Also, the history writing, in particular, is still problematic to use in any of the ways we tried to make it work (in the same week as the reading). The only option really is to use it a week behind the readings. On Clara Barton, for example, the B page says "Tell the story of Clara Barton. Use lively words to paint a picture of the beginning, middle, and later years of her life." At the B page point, we have not even read half the book. These problems are not so inherent in the Bible edition because in one week several stories are covered in the readings and the writing is usually only about the 1st story. However, in the history edition, you really need to have read the majority (if not all) fo the book to complete almost all 4 pages. I am wondering if the history writing should drop a book and only be 33 weeks? Read the book the first week, do the writing the next week? I think it would work do only do 33 weeks of writing in the Bible though as well. I remember a few adjustments were made, but beginning the writing on week 2 might not be such a bad thing! We have managed to do both of the writing books, but the history has some weeks not done, or only partially done. The Bible is easily getting done each week.

(We are REALLY enjoying the stories though from the history!!! - "Mom are you crying AGAIN?"

Lastly, there are those review weeks, where there are not A, B , C and D pages. In the curriculum schedule, it still tells you just to do the A, B, etc page. There are still only 4 pages, so we just did 1 a day, but thought I would mention it!

(a side note, we finished the spelling and again, there are some assessment weeks that do not follow the standard: Monday Memorize Monday, Sound Boxes Tuesday, etc. The curriculum guide does not adjust on these assessment weeks, it just repeats the same patterns. (week 33 and 34 in particular, but also all the "review" weeks)
      Christine

(2019/2020)
      DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
      DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
      DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
      DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
      DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
      DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Thank you, Christine. I was hoping you would chime in. Very good suggestions. We will make those changes. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X