Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Scheduling Multiple Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Multiple Children

I have four children (12, 10, 7 and 5)

My eldest two are struggling learners; one with multiple hallenges such as Autism, ADHD, Sensory, Cognitive and the other with possible Dyslexia and auditory issues.

My younger two don’t seem to display learning concerns other than the fact that my daughter will still reverse letters and numbers at random. It is so weird. Sometimes she will even reverse them within the same ord where the first time there is an “s” it will be fine and then another one in the same word will be backwards. It is not restricted to b, d, q, p. She also reversed numbers. My five year old is just now learning letters and numbers and sounds so I haven’t done much writing with him yet.

My question is how do you schedule your students so that you can fit them all in? We have been struggling his year hence my post on wanting to quit. I’m considering a switch to Memoria Press completely. I am currently going to Classical Conversations and using All About Reading and MathUSee. We utilize some MP SC 3 items for my eldest. I just really am trying to figure out how to schedule this out. Keep in mind, none of my children have reached complete fluency in reading and one of my sons has Barton tutoring twice per week for an hour so that breaks up our day a bit as well.

Thanks!

Re: Scheduling Multiple Children

Originally posted by empokorski View Post
    I have four children (12, 10, 7 and 5)

My eldest two are struggling learners; one with multiple hallenges such as Autism, ADHD, Sensory, Cognitive and the other with possible Dyslexia and auditory issues.

My younger two don’t seem to display learning concerns other than the fact that my daughter will still reverse letters and numbers at random. It is so weird. Sometimes she will even reverse them within the same ord where the first time there is an “s” it will be fine and then another one in the same word will be backwards. It is not restricted to b, d, q, p. She also reversed numbers. My five year old is just now learning letters and numbers and sounds so I haven’t done much writing with him yet.

My question is how do you schedule your students so that you can fit them all in? We have been struggling his year hence my post on wanting to quit. I’m considering a switch to Memoria Press completely. I am currently going to Classical Conversations and using All About Reading and MathUSee. We utilize some MP SC 3 items for my eldest. I just really am trying to figure out how to schedule this out. Keep in mind, none of my children have reached complete fluency in reading and one of my sons has Barton tutoring twice per week for an hour so that breaks up our day a bit as well.

Thanks!
    Looking at your current schedule, you have a lot of teacher intensive programs. That makes it very hard to do. I was trying to use those programs and found that I didn't have enough time in the day for my 5 kids.

With MP, I have found that after a few weeks, my older kids can do most of their work independently. There are a few things that I still do with them, but it's so much less that I now have the time necessary to work with my two younger ones. It's been a relief honestly. I was so overwhelmed and burned out. Now, I am able to work with my younger two, while my older three work on independent work. Once my younger two are finished, I then sit with my older two for any subject that they might need help with. I'm usually free to go after an hour between them both. I've been able to take back my house from disaster, feed everyone three meals a day, and keep the clothes clean. I'm really happy with MP.
    Lisa in Jax
    Mom to:
    Allison (28 graduated from homeschool)
    Jonathan (26 graduated from homeschool)
    Genevieve (18 graduated from homeschool)
    Isaac (15 using MP 7)
    Sophia (13 using MP 5th grade)
    David (10 using MP 3rd grade)
    Charlotte (8 might be using MP1 or SC2)
    Layla (6yo granddaughter using MP 1)

Comment

Working...
    X