Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Discerning the Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discerning the Path

So, I am new to the forum but not new to home education or classical education.

Here is my dilemma:

I am currently active in CC with three of our children. We shall soon complete our 4th year.

The elder two of the four are skimming by - one due to Learning issues and the other due more to attitude.

We went and toured a small Christian school. I have my reservations; however. the private tutor has a tutor room there and the children (2 with Dyslexia.....)
    were to spend a portion of each day in tutoring.

Nine year old son seemed to delight in the experience. Daughters were appalled! Some areas were difficult for them. others insultingly easy, and they thought
    "the children were so immature"! (We are each poor at self-assessment!!) The girls squelched the son's enthusiasm!

So FORWARD to plan B! Daughters begged to continue on with CC espousing their intent to apply themselves more diligently!

My Plan B for my nine year old son was to switch out to a mixture of Claritas and Memoria Press and withdraw him from CC.
    He has missed 8 of the 24 weekly gatherings due to health and appointments. I feel he is becoming negatively influenced as he tries to prove himself when we are present and will follow lame suggestions of behavior!

The girls stepped in and informed him he would become a homeschool geek because he would lack the one day a week of peer interaction!

Yesterday, a lady informed me of the Special program through Memoria so I have started looking at that information.

Any thoughts/words of wisdom! Getting through with the first seven was much easier!!!

Re: Discerning the Path

Welcome to the forum! If you would like to begin your 9yo, we invite you to take the free online readiness assessments @ ClassicalSpecialNeeds.com. He might be well suited to SC 2, 3, or 4, so you can begin with those assessments.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Comment

Working...
    X