Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC 3 Latin Plans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC 3 Latin Plans?

Is there a way to see a sample of these plans before I buy? I looked in the SC 3 Curriculum Manual, but the sample there didn't show any Prima Latina ideas.
    DD #1 : 23, college GRADUATE
    DD #2 : 12 MP 7A - HLS Cottage School Louisville, MPOA
    DS #3 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
    DS #4 : 10, MP3M+Simply Classical4; HLS Cottage School Louisville
    DD #5: 6, MP 1 at HLS
    DS #6: 4, cutest caboose on the loose
    http://www.thekennedyadventures.com

Re: SC 3 Latin Plans?

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
    Is there a way to see a sample of these plans before I buy? I looked in the SC 3 Curriculum Manual, but the sample there didn't show any Prima Latina ideas.
    Dianna,

I've attached a sample of Week 18 of the full SC3 CM as we begin Latin that week. The individual SC3 Latin plans would simply be that Latin line by itself.

HTH!
    Attached Files
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Thanks for your super speedy reply!

Do the plans contain any VKT (multi sensory stuff) tips? That's really what I'm looking for. The boys are already well into Prima, but if the plans contain helps written in, I'd go ahead and purchase them. If not, maybe I'll just refer back to the tips Cheryl listed in another post.

Comment

Do the plans contain any VKT (multi sensory stuff) tips?
        They do not. The plans contain only what you see in the sample I attached.
        Michael
        Memoria Press

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
            They do, they do! I have both plans, and we had to “fall back” on the SC plans. You make word cards each week and play games. The first week does not show that. Also, in SC3, you only get the first 5 lessons, since it will be done again in SC4!
            Christine

(2018-2019)
            DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
            DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
            DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
            DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
            DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
            DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Originally posted by howiecram View Post
              They do, they do! I have both plans, and we had to “fall back” on the SC plans. You make word cards each week and play games. The first week does not show that. Also, in SC3, you only get the first 5 lessons, since it will be done again in SC4!
              Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was what Dianna was asking for. This is why I shouldn't post on the SC forum

Sorry for the confusion!
              Michael
              Memoria Press

Comment

You can post, Michael; just run everything by Christine (howiecram) first. ☺ We appreciate you!

And yes, Dianna, if you're still in Lessons 1-5, the SC 3 plans will help. If not, the SC 4 plans are brimming with VAKT impact due, in part, to our previous discussions on the need for them! Look for the SC 4 plans soon --

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that was what Dianna was asking for. This is why I shouldn't post on the SC forum

Sorry for the confusion!
                  YES!! We always appreciate you!!! I just happen to be in the thick of SC3!
                  Christine

(2018-2019)
                  DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                  DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                  DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                  DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

Hi,

Do the individual Simply Classical Level 4 Latin Lesson Plans contain all of the multi-sensory tips for teaching? Or is that only in the full Simply Classical lesson plans?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Do the individual Simply Classical Level 4 Latin Lesson Plans contain all of the multi-sensory tips for teaching? Or is that only in the full Simply Classical lesson plans?

Thanks

Comment

The SC4 plans it looks like are now available to purchase!

Here is a sample of the whole SC4 guide. If you only buy the Latin, it will look the same as in the full guide. It will also contain the helpful hints, games etc. (they have in the past anyway).

https://www.memoriapress.com/wp-cont...ple-Lesson.pdf

You can buy the individual plans here: just scroll to the bottom and look under special needs. SC4 Latin plans.
                        https://www.memoriapress.com/curricu...plans-subject/
                        Last edited by howiecram; 02-15-2018, 12:40 PM.
                        Christine

(2018-2019)
                        DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
                        DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
                        DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
                        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)

Comment

Originally posted by historylover View Post
                          Hi,

Thanks
                          The Individual SC 4 Latin plans are the same whether ordered Individually or received in the full Curriculum Manual. The SC 4 Teacher Notes for Latin should be included in your Individual Lesson Plans and will explain our Latin Apple Tree, Translation Station, Preposition Prop, and other multi-sensory components. Our SC 4 Latin plans also organize the weekly scheduling of the CD, DVD, and Prima Copybook a little differently to make lessons a little shorter with less daily writing and more review for our SC students.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                            The Individual SC 4 Latin plans are the same whether ordered Individually or received in the full Curriculum Manual. The SC 4 Teacher Notes for Latin should be included in your Individual Lesson Plans and will explain our Latin Apple Tree, Translation Station, Preposition Prop, and other multi-sensory components. Our SC 4 Latin plans also organize the weekly scheduling of the CD, DVD, and Prima Copybook a little differently to make lessons a little shorter with less daily writing and more review for our SC students.
                            Thank you for such a quick response! That is exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
                            X