Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

OT: My son's cursive! Yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: My son's cursive! Yay!

Just posted over on K-8 but wanted to put this here, as well, for all my fellow SN mommas!

Hi All,

I wanted to share a picture of what I never imagined I'd be seeing. My younger son's cursive (now in NAC 2). I tend to make copies of the pages so we can have lots of extra practice. (That was the approach we took to NAC 1, tons of extra copies of practice pages, which I found to be great, keep-you-busy filler work! LOL) So I sat at a desk with my younger son starting around 6 y.o. for several hours every day, hand over hand, helping him learn to print. Now, with cursive added in, I'm just so excited to see how far he has come!

Note: For some reason, his lower case letters aren't touching the dotted lines. Sometimes they do but in today's practice they aren't. However, we have lined paper with dotted middle lines that's slightly narrower he tends to work on for much of his other work/writing. So perhaps he's training himself to shrink his cursive down on his own.

SusanP in VA
    Attached Files

Re: OT: My son's cursive! Yay!

Beautiful, Susan!

Comment

Working...
    X