Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Sodalitas 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howiecram
    replied
    Re: Sodalitas 2018

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
    I keep meaning to ask, when do we register for Sodalitas? I cannot find a link on the MP webpage.
    Soon!! Very soon! Look for it in January!

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

I keep meaning to ask, when do we register for Sodalitas? I cannot find a link on the MP webpage.

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

Originally posted by DiannaKennedy View Post
    JeJe,

I was popping to say, while there aren't any child care options available, I'd be happy to post your situation in our local Catholic homeschooling group, to see if you could connect with someone there for help. Just touch base with me as we get closer.
    Thank you, Diana! I will contact you if they cannot get into the zoo camps. I look forward to meeting you!

Leave a comment:

• DiannaKennedy
    replied

Originally posted by jejegreer View Post
    In case anyone else has a husband who cannot take the time off to watch the kids I thought I would let you all know that the Louisville Zoo wrote back to me that they do, in fact, have summer programs available on a daily basis during Solidatis. Here is the message. I am going to be checking in early March and will be happy to remind everyone once registration opens.

"Hi there! We would love for your children to attend our summer camp! It is loads of fun, packed with animal encounters, zoo walks, crafts, and educational fun. We will have camp every weekday from June through July. We usually post our camps on our website in early spring, so I would start looking in March. In fact we usually have an early bird special, so it is a good idea to register early. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have. Have a great day!"
    JeJe,

I was popping to say, while there aren't any child care options available, I'd be happy to post your situation in our local Catholic homeschooling group, to see if you could connect with someone there for help. Just touch base with me as we get closer.

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

In case anyone else has a husband who cannot take the time off to watch the kids I thought I would let you all know that the Louisville Zoo wrote back to me that they do, in fact, have summer programs available on a daily basis during Solidatis. Here is the message. I am going to be checking in early March and will be happy to remind everyone once registration opens.

"Hi there! We would love for your children to attend our summer camp! It is loads of fun, packed with animal encounters, zoo walks, crafts, and educational fun. We will have camp every weekday from June through July. We usually post our camps on our website in early spring, so I would start looking in March. In fact we usually have an early bird special, so it is a good idea to register early. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have. Have a great day!"

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

I feel like the Louisville Zoo has camps in the summer, but I'm not sure. Good luck!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
    Hi, Jeje. Sodalitas takes place at HLS, Spring Meadows Campus.
    Thank you, Cheryl!

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Hi, Jeje. Sodalitas takes place at HLS, Spring Meadows Campus.

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Hello.

We do not have an option for childcare. Most people who bring their children also bring another adult who sightsees with the children during the conference. We don't have a facility on our campus for childcare or staff to handle it. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can work something out! We'd love to have you join us!

Tanya
    Hi Tanya, Thank you for replying. My husband will not be able to take the time off to go to the conference. I am hoping that maybe other Moms will want to hire a professional sitter to play with the kids during the day. I will start looking into whether or not there are any day camps in the area. Does the conference take place at 4603 Poplar Level Rd., Louisville, KY 40213? That would help me know where to look for a day camp. Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• tanya
    replied

Hello.

We do not have an option for childcare. Most people who bring their children also bring another adult who sightsees with the children during the conference. We don't have a facility on our campus for childcare or staff to handle it. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can work something out! We'd love to have you join us!

Tanya

Leave a comment:

• jejegreer
    replied

I am really interested in "the non-academic challenges of teaching students with special needs," as Anita put it. I am also interested in the part on tweens.

I would really like to attend. Last year we drove all the way from west of Denver, Colorado to Philadelphia, and back, to buy a puppy, so I think we could handle the drive. I would not be interested in sharing a room since I will have 2 kids and 2 golden retrievers with me. I would be really interested in knowing what you do with your kids during the conference. Stella will be 12 on July 25, so she will be almost old enough to watch Clara according to Colorado law. I have not looked into Kentucky law. I also am not sure that I would be comfortable with leaving the girls alone all day even if it is legal. What do you all do with your children? My husband's job starts at 6 am and he works until 4:30 pm or later, so he cannot watch our kids and there is no camp here that opens by 6 in the morning. Is there a day camp that they can attend (Clara is terrified to spend the night at camp so I cannot send her to sleepaway camp)? Are there other people who would want to hire a childcare attendant for kids between say 8 and 12 if there is not already an option for childcare?

Leave a comment:

• SPearson
    replied

Cheryl,

Finally logging into the Forum today after not 'being' here in a while. THANK YOU! You never cease to amaze me with all the careful thought you put into what you plan. It sure seems like you've hit the hot topics/needs with what you've laid out here. I'm excited and hope I can come.

SusanP in VA

Leave a comment:

• MyLittleWonders
    replied

Thanks Cheryl!

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

In past years people moved freely from one track to another. You are not alone in having children in both MP & SC.

The committee might request only that attendees choose sessions ahead of time to help with room allocation.

I think the committee plans to post a full schedule early 2018.

Leave a comment:

• MyLittleWonders
    replied

So we might actually road trip this summer so I can attend. That said ... how does the conference on a whole work. Can I switch between MP and SC sessions? Or do you sign up for one "track" and stay within it for the whole thing? I have one with special needs, but three currently doing MP, plus a little squirt coming up in the ranks.

And Cheryl, the sessions sound great, especially the writing and spelling ones since Kate will be starting SC 1 some time next school year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X