Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Sc3 Writing - clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sc3 Writing - clarification

Hi!

We started (a very, slow and "soft" start) SC3 today. We are doing the Bible writing and it is really kind of confusing since there are no pages that correspond directly to the reading. The Memory verse is on 2 Timothy 3:16, but the Bible reading is on Genesis 1. I can see at the top of the day A that the reading this lesson corresponds with is 2 Timothy 3:14-17, but that's not exactly what we are reading in the Bible section. I hope I am making myself clear, because it is hard to explain. Basically, there are no pages that correspond to each day of the writing assignment. For example, even in the History one, it just has Columbus at the top, no page numbers. It just feels like there are not explicit enough instructions on the writing. I understand it was done this way because people might choose different versions, but it's been a rocky start today. I though I had it all "figured" out and then opened to the Bible and was flustered...kids running amok..

I think we'll skip the Genesis 1 part for now and only focus on Timothy! We'll just read it briefly and then skip to week 2's Bible writing readings to not create any further confusion next week!
    Christine

(2019/2020)
    DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
    DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Re: Sc3 Writing - clarification

Hi, Christine.

Yes, the first day corresponds to those intro pages about the Holy Scriptures. They are located in The Story Bible, pp. 13-14. Entitled Introduction, they occur before you embark on Genesis. These correspond to the words of 2 Timothy 3:16, although they are paraphrased in The Story Bible. We wanted children to hear the "real" words, so we include 2 Timothy 3:16 as the introductory verse in the Copybook for Week 1.

The instructions for Monday in your Curriculum Guide read, "This week read pp. 13-14 aloud. Review Old Testament & New Testament."

So when you teach Lessons A-D in SC Writing, this will correspond to those introductory pages in The Story Bible. Similarly, the SC Copybook lesson for the week is 2 Timothy 3:16.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

Comment

Btw, all week you are emphasizing that the Holy Scriptures are God's Word to us. You can reiterate this each day, just as you teach it on Monday. My copy of the CG does not have the reading of Genesis until tomorrow, after the idea of 2 Timothy 3:16 has been taught through The Story Bible and SC Writing.

If you need a clearer tie-in tomorrow, you might preface your reading of the Genesis account (which by now they have heard in SC B, C, 1, and 2) as, "This is from God's Holy Word, so we know it is true," and say 2 Tim. 3:16 again.

The copybook will correspond to 2 Timothy 3:16 all week. The art corresponds to the Genesis account, so if you move your reading of Creation, The Story Bible, pp. 16-22 to next week, just be sure to move the Michelangelo Art Card, The Creation of Adam, at the same time.

In the meantime, WE will move both the reading of pp. 16-22 and the Art Card to Week 2. I understand the potential for confusion and think that your idea is a good one! We'll insert language to make this more clear on Week 1.

In this way, everyone will study only the words and ideas expressed through 2 Timothy 3:16 during that first week.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
        Hi, Christine.

Yes, the first day corresponds to those intro pages about the Holy Scriptures. They are located in The Story Bible, pp. 13-14. Entitled Introduction, they occur before you embark on Genesis. These correspond to the words of 2 Timothy 3:16, although they are paraphrased in The Story Bible. We wanted children to hear the "real" words, so we include 2 Timothy 3:16 as the introductory verse in the Copybook for Week 1.

The instructions for Monday in your Curriculum Guide read, "This week read pp. 13-14 aloud. Review Old Testament & New Testament."

So when you teach Lessons A-D in SC Writing, this will correspond to those introductory pages in The Story Bible. Similarly, the SC Copybook lesson for the week is 2 Timothy 3:16.

Does that make sense, or am I missing something?
        Ok, yes, I get it now. It doesn't explicitly say that that is from Timothy so, "I" was confused! I looked all over the Story Bible for it. We just found it in our Bible and read it! Now, after seeing your message and reading from our Bible, I get it!

(I have had a headache for a few days and my head was spinning! (pollen count quite high here!)
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
        DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Even so, you raise a good point. Pollen or not, if you were confused, other people may be too. No need to have Week One confuse anyone!

It doesn't help that there are no actual page numbers on those two Intro pages in The Story Bible.

So ...
          Do move Genesis pp. 16-22 in The Story Bible and The Creation of Adam to Week Two, if you would like. I still think this is a good idea.

I will email you tidy replacement Week One lessons, so you can stick with 2 Timothy 3:16 all week. We'll change this for everyone going forward, just to be safe.

Thanks again --

Comment

Working...
          X