Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

    I'm hoping there is an ISBN list for this because I think I have several of these books already and think it will help me speed up the process of customizing which books we need to order when we order Level 3.

    Thank you!

    Heather

    #2
    Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

    Here you go:

    Leif the Lucky 9780964380301
    Meet Christopher Columbus 9780375812101
    Pocahontas 9781893103283
    The Cabin Faced West 9780698119369
    Meet George Washington 9780375803970
    Sarah, Plain and Tall 9780062399526
    Daniel Boone 9780020418306
    Meet Thomas Jefferson 9780375812118
    The Bears on Hemlock Mountain 9780689716041
    Benjamin Franklin 9780964380394
    Meet Abraham Lincoln 9780375803963
    Clara Barton 9780020418207
    Riding the Pony Express 9781887840408
    Helen Keller 9780020419808
    Laura Ingalls Wilder 9780689839245
    A Penny’s Worth of Character 9780945084327

    Comment


      #3
      Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

      Tanya--this list you just posted does not match with what I see listed on website. I need ISBNs for this list:

      Simply Classical Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set

      $225.00
      Meet Christopher Columbus
      Pocahontas: Young Peacemaker
      The Thanksgiving Story
      Sarah Morton’s Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Girl
      Benjamin Franklin
      Meet George Washington
      Betsy Ross: Designer of our Flag
      Where Was Patrick Henry on the 29th of May
      Paul Revere’s Ride
      Paul Revere: Boston Patriot
      Meet Thomas Jefferson
      If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution
      The Fourth of July Story
      Daniel Boon: Young Hunter and Tracker
      Johnny Appleseed
      Robert Fulton: boy Craftsman
      How We Crossed the West: The Adventures of Lewis and Clark
      The Boy Who Drew Birds: The Story of John Jame Audubon
      Thomas Jefferson Builds a Library
      The Star Spangled Banner
      Meet Abraham Lincoln
      Clara Barton: Founder of the American Red Cross
      Riding the Pony Express
      Locomotive
      George Washington Carver
      Thomas Alva Edison
      Helen Keller
      The Wright Brothers: Pioneers of American Aviation
      Neil Armstrong: Young Flyer
      Stories of Great Americans for Young Americans

      Comment


        #4
        Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

        Here you go, Heather.

        See #2 of this post for all the information about SC 3 American History books.

        Happy hunting!

        https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...ative-Booklist

        Comment


          #5
          Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

          Thank you, Cheryl! Any advice on a couple of these books that my kids heard as read alouds already? Do I do them again, just skip or substitute other books?

          Heather

          Comment


            #6
            Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

            Originally posted by HeatherB View Post
            Thank you, Cheryl! Any advice on a couple of these books that my kids heard as read alouds already? Do I do them again, just skip or substitute other books?

            Heather
            You're welcome.

            If this is for your children L & E, I would reread them. They will need the content for SC Writing, Read-aloud edition.

            Even if you do not teach SC Writing, you will find American history discussion questions in the SC Enrichment Guide that they might not have considered the first time through.

            Some of these books are really packed with content, so rereading could be good!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

              Thank you for your advice!

              I am working on lists as I have discovered I have copies already of some of the books (in some cases I have the original plus a reprint of them. eek! This comes from buying lots of used books for our home library.)

              I'm considering the enrichment guide, particularly for Ervin since he is quite a bit ahead of Ligia in reading. Is there a list of the books that will be required for that guide or is that something I will have to wait on until purchase? I haven't used this type of guide with level 2.

              Heather

              Comment


                #8
                Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

                Oh, yes. You will want the SC Enrichment Guide. Inside you will find all of the American history read-aloud discussion and comprehension questions, all of the scheduled art and music (much of it coordinating with your American history read-alouds to assist comprehension and memory), and all of the science activities.

                There will be an optional science set of books, but you can also teach the science lessons from items you will have on hand. The science set is not available yet, but it will be available relatively soon. More than anything, you just need the list of topics and books. Then you can see if you already have them!

                Btw, we know well the scenario of purchasing the same book more than once. My husband just took to our favorite used bookstore a bundle of "duplicates" we found on various shelves. Of course he obtained store credit for those books, so ....

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

                  Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
                  Oh, yes. You will want the SC Enrichment Guide. Inside you will find all of the American history read-aloud discussion and comprehension questions, all of the scheduled art and music (much of it coordinating with your American history read-alouds to assist comprehension and memory), and all of the science activities.

                  There will be an optional science set of books, but you can also teach the science lessons from items you will have on hand. The science set is not available yet, but it will be available relatively soon. More than anything, you just need the list of topics and books. Then you can see if you already have them!

                  Btw, we know well the scenario of purchasing the same book more than once. My husband just took to our favorite used bookstore a bundle of "duplicates" we found on various shelves. Of course he obtained store credit for those books, so ....
                  In the case of these American History books and/or literature books, I would not be sad if I had accidentally bought two! In fact, I just intentionally bought two of all the American History books! I plan to team read with my daughter. I have found having my own copy had made these team reading sessions much more enjoyable for us both. Also, she won't have the stamina quite yet to read all of the assigned reading, so she can follow along while I read! I plan to do the same with the literature selections. (hoping the library will have many of those!)
                  Christine

                  (2019/2020)
                  DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
                  DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
                  DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

                  Previous Years
                  DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
                  DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
                  DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: SC Level 3 American History Read-Aloud Set ISBN list?

                    Originally posted by howiecram View Post
                    In the case of these American History books and/or literature books, I would not be sad if I had accidentally bought two! In fact, I just intentionally bought two of all the American History books! I plan to team read with my daughter. I have found having my own copy had made these team reading sessions much more enjoyable for us both. Also, she won't have the stamina quite yet to read all of the assigned reading, so she can follow along while I read! I plan to do the same with the literature selections. (hoping the library will have many of those!)
                    Of course! We found this especially helpful for Shakespeare or anything else we acted out. We had three copies of those plays at once. (No wonder we had so many duplicates.)

                    This is an especially good idea with those higher lexile American history read-alouds and new literature books, Christine. Good point!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X