Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Third Grade Math Visual Aids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howiecram View Post

Well, these are pretty amazing! How did you make them? You didn't happen to make the posters did you? The multiplicand and divisor ones? I tried so hard to make it fit on a 8x11 paper and failed three times! Great job!

I think this post needs a sticky!
    I used Microsoft Publisher and free clipart from the internet. I have really benefited from the 8x11 size visual aids for 2nd grade, so I really wanted something that size for 3rd. I've found I actually use them if I can store them easily in a file folder.

I haven't made anything else yet. I had saved the multiplicand and divisor posters from Susan's file above in this thread. I am not sure if I'll create anything else for 3rd grade math. I'm slowly working my way through all the SC5-6/MP3 materials and prepping lots of things.

-Laura
    2018-2019
    DD8, MP2/SC4
    DD6, MPK
    DD4, SC-C

Comment

I also found these number posters for free and printed them. They are simple and I think they'll help with skip counting for each number.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...REEBIE-3152159

-Laura
      2018-2019
      DD8, MP2/SC4
      DD6, MPK
      DD4, SC-C

Comment

I am currently using MathUSee. Are these charts something that is referenced and used in R&S Math? Or are these things that you created on your own?

Comment

Originally posted by empokorski View Post
          I am currently using MathUSee. Are these charts something that is referenced and used in R&S Math? Or are these things that you created on your own?
          There are instructions for making this in R&S.
          Christine

(2018-2019)
          DD1 8/23/09 - SC4
          DS2 9/1/11 - SC2
          DD3 2/9/13 - MPK

Previous Years
          DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3)
          DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK)
          DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others!)

Comment

Originally posted by sfhargett View Post
            Re: Third Grade Math Visual Aids

All right here are the other ones I made.

So, I do not understand what the first page is. Is this also examined in R&S math? My son finally has “broken through” the MathUSee addition with regrouping. Hallelujah! He seems to be remember now. He already has many skip counting songs memorized and since he was so used to the program, I didn’t switch him over to R&S. Wondering now if I should?

Comment

Originally posted by empokorski View Post

So, I do not understand what the first page is. Is this also examined in R&S math? My son finally has “broken through” the MathUSee addition with regrouping. Hallelujah! He seems to be remember now. He already has many skip counting songs memorized and since he was so used to the program, I didn’t switch him over to R&S. Wondering now if I should?
              The first page with the X of numbers is just for going through a set of multiplication facts. So if you were reviewing 2 facts, you'd point to the 1 and say "2x1" and they would answer, then, point to the 2 and say "2x2", repeating through all 12 numbers. It's not necessary to use that, but is a visual to use with any number 1-9. Hope that makes sense!

-Laura
              2018-2019
              DD8, MP2/SC4
              DD6, MPK
              DD4, SC-C

Comment

Working...
              X