Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Simply Classical C Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Classical C Users

I'm in the final prep stages for my hands-on presentation for Sodalitas. Yay!

I've actually done SC B, 1 and 2 so I have those guides and experience to refer to. But, I've never done C, so I have no idea what hands-on things to discuss for that level.

Suggestions, ideas?

Or for you lucky few to already have your copy of level 3, does it suggest any specific manipulatives? I'm already planning on including rod and staff grade 2 math manipulatives, but what about other subjects?

Thanks!
    DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
    DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
    DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Re: Simply Classical C Users

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
    I'm in the final prep stages for my hands-on presentation for Sodalitas. Yay!

I've actually done SC B, 1 and 2 so I have those guides and experience to refer to. But, I've never done C, so I have no idea what hands-on things to discuss for that level.

Suggestions, ideas?

Or for you lucky few to already have your copy of level 3, does it suggest any specific manipulatives? I'm already planning on including rod and staff grade 2 math manipulatives, but what about other subjects?

Thanks!
    We just finished C! We did not use any visual aides, other than the calendar! (I think that was in B too though?) There are a ton of little things you could do to prep the level, but no specific visual aides. (unless I totally missed them!!!)

In SC3, other than the R&S 2, I don't see much in the way of visual aides either.
    Christine

(2022/2023)
    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

What would you do to prep for C, other than the letter crafts?
      DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
      DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
      DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
      Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
      Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
        What would you do to prep for C, other than the letter crafts?
        This is what I did to prep SC2 and SCC last summeR!

https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...d-SCC-Preps%21
        Christine

(2022/2023)
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)

Comment

Oh and the other prep for SC3 is that it uses all 3 art cards (k-2) so I bought a 5x7 photo album (100 pages) and put them in order of SC3 guide. SC3 also recommends your child "researching" topics and even though I know they are working on a booklist, I did purchase a FEW Children's Encyclopedias.

It's this one from Amazon, btw (the photo album)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER (no affiliate link or anything).
          Last edited by howiecram; 06-29-2017, 06:59 AM.
          Christine

(2022/2023)
          DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years

Comment

Hi, Colomama. Thank you for your work on this presentation!

And, Christine, great ideas!

Colomama, you would not need to limit the talk to aids that are exclusively visual. All of the motor modes, fine & gross, could apply too if time permits.

If you have a Curriculum Manual for C, there are a few more items you might cover.

Example from Week 25:
            -traditional games by letter
            (Red Light, Green Light)
            -music/songs every child should know (Row, Row Your Boat)
            -coloring tips
            (Reptile in Animals Alphabet) - these tips could be taken from the forum
            -the various playdough/clay and other Activity/Craft items each week
            (rose, R letter craft, "ripe", ruler)

If you do NOT have the Level C manual, you might describe the general way in which you organize needed materials ahead of any week for any level. How much time to set aside for organizing each week? Where to keep supplies? Do you organize these alone, or do children help? When is best for you to teach games & songs, as a break or at the end?

The topic of "general organization with teaching suoplies and visual-motor activities" can span all of the levels. You could even open this topic for brief sharing, as each person will do this in slightly different ways.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to proceed in the ways you deem best.

My daughter and I are looking forward to being with all of you!

Cheryl

Comment

Working...
            X