Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Rod and Staff in SC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rod and Staff in SC2

I am working on plans for next year and I think I'm going to be using a mash up of MP1 and SC2. I'm trying to decide if I need the whole manual for SC or just specific subject plans for reading/spelling/writing.

For R&S 1, if we completed the first half through MP K, are the lesson plans very similar to the MP1 plans, or does SC2 have additional things added in?

I already have the Grade 1 Curriculum Manual, so I could follow those math plans, but if SC2 has more hands-on things added in I think I will want to go that route.

Thanks,
    Laura Allen
    2019-2020
    DD8, MP3/SC5-6
    DD6, MP1
    DD5, MPK

Re: Rod and Staff in SC2

Laura,

The SC level 2 lessons plans include other activities additional to the MP plans which simply schedule the lessons over 33 weeks. You can purchase only the SC math plans. They are typically $3-5 .

Blessings,
    Michelle T

Comment

Actually, they are $8 digital and $9 in print.

Tanya

Comment

Yes, definitely extras in SC2!
        Christine

(2019/2020)
        DD1 8/23/09 - SC5/6
        DS2 9/1/11 - SC3,4, 5/6 combo
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC2 to start, MP1 second semester

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4’
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, SC2)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK)

Comment

Thank you all. As I am looking at needing multiple digital plans I think it will make financial sense to just buy the SC 2 manual, plus it will probably be easier to use, all nice and coil bound. We'll see if I can juggle having 2 curriculum manuals going at once!

-Laura
          2019-2020
          DD8, MP3/SC5-6
          DD6, MP1
          DD5, MPK

Comment

Yes, the full SC 2 manual is a good idea, especially if you want to work on comprehension. In the Appendix we give visual aids for comprehension lessons. (Thank you, Anita, for this request!)

Comment

Working...
            X