Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

SC 2 Bible/Copywork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherylswope
    replied
    Re: SC 2 Bible/Copywork

Originally posted by sfhargett View Post
    My manual doesn't list which pages to complete when in the copybook. Are there instructions for this? Do I maybe have old plans?
    The new SC 2 Copybook plans, instructions, and pages for Copybook (both Manuscript and Cursive) are now available within the newly revised SC 2 Curriculum Guide and also within the SC 2 Individual Lesson Plans!

Anyone who orders will now receive these.

If you already purchased either the SC 2 Core or Individual Lessons and you would like these newer plans, email sales@memoriapress.com.

Eta: Lillian, this is true for those SC 1 plans as well. Just ask at the above email or by phone, if you want them!

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Good idea! We will work on this.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
    Will do. I think this has already been addressed, but we will check.

Operation "SC Copybook 1-3 Lesson Plans" has commenced!

Thanks, Lillian.

Btw, the Science books are being added to the resource lists, Christine, and we are working on making available those reading schedules for American history, Colomama.
    On SC1, I am looking at what I think is a "newer" copy, and it is pretty explicit. I do see pages! I love it! The pages are listed and the instructions very clear! However, while we are discussing modifications, it might be nice to add the phonics flashcards (with numbers) now to the phonics lessons and package?

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Will do. I think this has already been addressed, but we will check.

Operation "SC Copybook 1-3 Lesson Plans" has commenced!

Thanks, Lillian.

Btw, the Science books are being added to the resource lists, Christine, and we are working on making available those reading schedules for American history, Colomama.

Leave a comment:

• LillianinAl
    replied

Cheryl, you may want to check this in SC1 also while you're at it. I remember being confused as to copybook page numbers and instructions in lesson plans. They didn't seem to match.

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Ah, very good. I will look at this while the designer is already in SC Copybook mode!

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

Great ideas.

The new instructions make it more clear, so no one will accidentally skip any verses.

The new instructions also say to review memory verses orally or in writing, so this will allow weekly writing for the student who wants or needs this.

Thanks to our SC Pioneers for your input!

In SC3, it is clear when to write, though no page numbers are given. I don't actually have the SC Copybook yet, but I'm guessing I'll be able to figure it out!

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
    I used the blank pages in the back of the book to create pages for him.

I also checked off verses on the contents page as we did them, this helped me stay on track and not accidentally skip some.
    Great ideas.

The new instructions make it more clear, so no one will accidentally skip any verses.

The new instructions also say to review memory verses orally or in writing, so this will allow weekly writing for the student who wants or needs this.

Thanks to our SC Pioneers for your input!

Leave a comment:

• Colomama
    replied

I understand not having copywork every week in order to allow review of previous verses.

But, my son really needs routine and not having copywork every week was upsetting to him. I used the blank pages in the back of the book to create pages for him.

I also checked off verses on the contents page as we did them, this helped me stay on track and not accidentally skip some.

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

Btw, those pages corresponded to the Cursive Copybook Two.

We're working today on adding page numbers for both Manuscript and Cursive Copybooks in the SC 2 Curriculum Lesson Plans.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Susan.

(This is why I love the forum. One person's question usually helps far more than one person!)

Cheryl
    You know, we did do some, but not all of the Copywork this year. I think I was a little confused myself, so yes, this will be helpful! (we might have succeeded with more weeks complete!) (Also, in SC2, there isn't copy work every week, so this threw us off a little.) (We did do the memory work.)

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Btw, those pages corresponded to the Cursive Copybook Two.

We're working today on adding page numbers for both Manuscript and Cursive Copybooks in the SC 2 Curriculum Lesson Plans.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Susan.

(This is why I love the forum. One person's question usually helps far more than one person!)

Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• sfhargett
    replied

Thanks Cheryl! I think I can figure it out, I just need to look at the Copybook and lesson plans at the same time

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Hi, Susan.

If you are teaching from the SC Core, you can omit or save the optional pages of letters, unless your student needs to review them. (Copybook pp. 10-17)

Beginning on page 18 of your Copybook you will progress in order week by week.

(I will send these to Tanya to add to the Curriculum Lesson Plans, in case they are not listed in current editions.)

Proceed in this way:

Week 1 Creation John 1:1, p. 18
    Week 2 Creation, Genesis 1:3 p. 20
    Week 3 Reviewing days/nights, p. 22
    Week 4 Review memory verses.
    Week 5 p. 24
    Week 6 Review memory verses.
    Week 7 p. 26
    Week 8 Books of Bible orally.
    Week 9 p. 28

In other words, after the pages of practice letters, the Copybook matches the content of the Bible/Copybook plans in order, with places to pause for review. But I agree that the actual page numbers would be helpful.

I will check on this. For now, the above will get you started!

Thanks-
    Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• sfhargett
    started a topic SC 2 Bible/Copywork

SC 2 Bible/Copywork

My manual doesn't list which pages to complete when in the copybook. Are there instructions for this? Do I maybe have old plans?
Working...
X