Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

R&S Math 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R&S Math 2

I was looking for a thread that talked about R&S 2, but couldn't really find it. Then, I found this post, and thought others might find Michelle's "Colomama's" pictures of the visual aides helpful! (I did!)

https://forum.memoriapress.com/showt...ricks-and-more

I'm looking for any additional tips on teaching this level!
    Christine

(2022/2023)
    DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
    DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
    DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
    DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
    DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
    DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Re: R&S Math 2

We are still slogging through math 2. I have found that my son needs more early fact practice review than is scheduled in the R&S teacher guide. I would review the grade 1 facts (through 10) atleast weekly, maybe twice a week to keep them fresh while you are learning those upper facts.

I am planning on bringing the visuals described in the the teacher guide to Sodalitas and discussing how I made them as part of my Sodalitas Simply Classical talk.
    DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
    DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
    DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
    Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
    Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Originally posted by Colomama View Post
      We are still slogging through math 2. I have found that my son needs more early fact practice review than is scheduled in the R&S teacher guide. I would review the grade 1 facts (through 10) atleast weekly, maybe twice a week to keep them fresh while you are learning those upper facts.

I am planning on bringing the visuals described in the the teacher guide to Sodalitas and discussing how I made them as part of my Sodalitas Simply Classical talk.

Definitely looking forward to your talk! I know a couple of my kids are going to need the manipulatives but they tend to overwhelm me. Thanks for putting the talk together!
      Jennifer
      Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

DS18: Graduated and living his dream in the automotive trades
      DS17: MP, MPOA, headed to his favorite liberal arts college this fall
      DS15: MP, MPOA
      DS13: Mix of SC 5/6 & SC 7/8
      DD11: Mix of 5M and SC7/8
      DD10: SC3
      DD7: MPK

Comment

I will miss that talk at Sodalitas! I did, however, follow your example and make the boats today!! I happen to have some velcro dots, so I used those instead. My daughter also insisted I add the 3 circles, like on the worksheets, so I did! I have no clouds..LOL
        Christine

(2022/2023)
        DD1 8/23/09 -Mix of MP 6/7
        DS2 9/1/11 - Mix of SC 7/8 and SC 9/10 (R&S 5, FFL)
        DD3 2/9/13 -SC 5/6

Previous Years
        DD 1 (MPK, SC2 (with AAR), SC3, SC4, Mix of MP3/4, Mix MP5/6
        DS2 (SCB, SCC, MPK, AAR/Storytime Treasures), CLE Math, Mix of MP3/4, MP5 (literature mix of SC 7/8/MP5)
        DD3 (SCA, SCB, Jr. K workbooks, soaking up from the others, MPK, AAR), MP1, MP2

Comment

I agree on reviewing the 1-10 facts more than they are scheduled in the grade 2 book even for a very mathy kid.

Thanks for posting this Christine, I'm going to use Colomama's suggestions for those visuals for next year. C will be doing grade 2. We have the huge blossom charts on the wall, but I don't like them up there. A always took forever doing flash cards because he would always look at the wall. He spent the second half of the year under the table for flash cards b/c he couldn't see the wall there. I'll try to adapt Colomama's ideas for the 3rd grade visuals, whatever the TM calls for.

I never really used the blacklines for 2nd grade b/c A is super mathy. But I think I may use them for C. We'll see.
          Susan

2021-2022
          A (13) - Simply Classical 7/8
          C (12) - Simply Classical 7/8
          G (8) - Simply Classical 1

Comment

I will look at grade 3 and see what I can come up with.

Agreed with the posted blossom charts, my son tries to peak all of the time and it really just slows him down. He now stands with his back to them.
            DS12- Simply Classical mash-up of SC Spelling 1, intensive reading remediation, and MPOA 4th grade math.
            DD10- Classic Core 4th Grade w/ 5th grade literature
            DD8- Classic Core 2nd Grade

We've completed:
            Classic Core Jr. kindergarten, kindergarten, first grade, second grade, third grade
            Simply Classical levels B, C, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5/6

Comment

Working...
            X