X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jen1134
    • Jun 2015

Re: SC2 or Gap Semester?

Originally posted by ljallen44
    Great! I'm glad it helped. It was really what you had offered in one of your posts as an option anyways, I was just pointing out that it makes sense!

I'll add that for review, my daughter's favorite game is so simple. I have made flashcards of EVERY word introduced through A, B and C for all word families. I keep the CVC words separate from the common words. With the CVC cards, I spread out about 12 mixed up cards on the table, and hide a small piece of paper with a star on it under one of the cards. She picks a word to read, and if it's right she gets to pick it up and look for the star. We repeat until she finds it and often play a few times in a row. So simple but she LOVES it.

I've also found with the common word cards, we go through them daily but to keep stress low I read the word and she repeats it while looking at it. We just started this a few weeks ago but it's really helped and she doesn't grumble about it since she doesn't have to remember them. It gives her a small success but extra exposure to those words that just have to go into memory.

-Laura
    It was close, but I was still thinking in the "charge-ahead" mode which would have left us finishing phonics in December and left hanging come Spring

I love this game and I could see my girl loving it as well -- thanks again!
    Jennifer
    Blog: [url]www.seekingdelectare.com[/url]

2023-2024
    DS20: MP grad; auto mechanic & business owner
    DS19: MP grad; college sophomore​
    DS17: Agricultural internship, various math and history resources
    DS15 & DD13: mix of MP, online providers using MP materials, Friendly Biology (DS only), and Denison Pre-Algebra
    DD11: MP/SC, and online providers using MP materials
    DD8: mix of MP 1-3

Comment

Working...