Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Short Word Card Games in SC1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Word Card Games in SC1?

We need to use the Short Word Cards more, but I'm not sure what the lesson plans mean when they say to "play games or matching games" with them. Was I supposed to make double/triple copies of the cards? What other games do people play with them?
    Jennifer

2018-2019
    DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
    DS-12 (6M)
    DS-10 (SC3)
    DD-8 (MP2)
    DD-6 (SC2)
    DD-3 (NT using SCB for gradual intro to JrK)

Re: Short Word Card Games in SC1?

Originally posted by jen1134 View Post
    We need to use the Short Word Cards more, but I'm not sure what the lesson plans mean when they say to "play games or matching games" with them. Was I supposed to make double/triple copies of the cards? What other games do people play with them?
    Good morning, Jen.

Have you reached Week 9? You will find some instructions there.

For example, deal each player three cards for Go Fish. Players ask for a word-family ending that will create a real word with the consonant in their hands. (If I am holding an "m," I might ask, "Do you have -an?")

Or lay all existing cards face down for Concentration. Players take turns flipping over two cards at a time. If the letters make a real word, the player keeps the match and has another turn. If not, cards are placed face down again (in the exact spots from which they were removed) for the next player's turn.

If you are beyond Week 9, you may want to play with half decks.

Comment

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
      Good morning, Jen.

Have you reached Week 9? You will find some instructions there.

For example, deal each player three cards for Go Fish. Players ask for a word-family ending that will create a real word with the consonant in their hands. (If I am holding an "m," I might ask, "Do you have -an?")

Or lay all existing cards face down for Concentration. Players take turns flipping over two cards at a time. If the letters make a real word, the player keeps the match and has another turn. If not, cards are placed face down again (in the exact spots from which they were removed) for the next player's turn.

If you are beyond Week 9, you may want to play with half decks.

We're in Week 15, but didn't switch to SC1 until Week 8 or 9 so I probably missed the instructions in the transition...thank you so much for the explanations, I think she'll have a lot of fun with these!
      Jennifer

2018-2019
      DS-14 & DS-15 (MP9 Literature, Novare Intro to Physics, Light to the Nations I (CTP), MPOA for: Latin, Pre-Algebra, Ref/Con
      DS-12 (6M)
      DS-10 (SC3)
      DD-8 (MP2)
      DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

We did the memory matching game today and she absolutely LOVED it -- even giving me a big hug when I asked her if she liked the game! I told E that "Miss Cheryl" was a very smart lady who gave me the idea because she thought it would be good for her. Her parting words as she skipped away: "I love Miss Cheryl!"
        Jennifer

2018-2019
        DS-12 (6M)
        DS-10 (SC3)
        DD-8 (MP2)
        DD-6 (SC2)

Comment

So sweet. Thank you, Jennifer!

Comment

Working...
          X