Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Simply Classical represented at the GHC in Cincinnati?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply Classical represented at the GHC in Cincinnati?

Hi, I know this might not get attention until Monday--just adding this question to the forum because reading the lovely and inspiring Classical Teacher this morning reminded to do so:

I have a friend who will start homeschooling her son next year. He has several significant special needs. Back when she was making this decision a few months ago, she was very encouraged to hear from me about Simply Classical. She is going to the Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati to see what all is out there and is planning to look through the Simply Classical Curriculum at the Memoria Press booth. I wanted to find out who will be there and if the full Simply Classical curriculum will be there so that I can give her a heads up of what to expect. It would also be great for her to talk to someone in person about her son's unique needs. I have told her how awesome MP help and service is, but I think she wants to check things out, see the very few other special needs homeschool options out there, and flip through materials and such before calling to figure out placement. She likes what she sees in the program, but I would say the classical part of it is not a selling point for her.

Thanks! I will bump Monday if need be, as I'm sure many are away from their computers this weekend.
    Michaela
    Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
    Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
    for 2019/2020 school year

Re: Simply Classical represented at the GHC in Cincinnati?

Originally posted by ClassicalFamily View Post
    Hi, I know this might not get attention until Monday--just adding this question to the forum because reading the lovely and inspiring Classical Teacher this morning reminded to do so:

I have a friend who will start homeschooling her son next year. He has several significant special needs. Back when she was making this decision a few months ago, she was very encouraged to hear from me about Simply Classical. She is going to the Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati to see what all is out there and is planning to look through the Simply Classical Curriculum at the Memoria Press booth. I wanted to find out who will be there and if the full Simply Classical curriculum will be there so that I can give her a heads up of what to expect. It would also be great for her to talk to someone in person about her son's unique needs. I have told her how awesome MP help and service is, but I think she wants to check things out, see the very few other special needs homeschool options out there, and flip through materials and such before calling to figure out placement. She likes what she sees in the program, but I would say the classical part of it is not a selling point for her.

Thanks! I will bump Monday if need be, as I'm sure many are away from their computers this weekend.
    Good morning!

We will have many of our reps at GHC Cincinnati, and all of our current Simply Classical levels (A, B, C, 1, and 2) on display there as well. These reps can answer general questions about the special needs curriculum, and your friend can spend as long as she wants browsing the books. For detailed placement advice tailored to the specific needs of her son, she will want to contact Cheryl Swope, either by posting on this forum or by email. Cheryl can provide far more specific placement advice, as well as strategies for implementation, due to her background and training.

All of us look forward to helping your friend and her son. Thank you for sharing with her about Simply Classical.
    Michael
    Memoria Press

Comment

Re: Simply Classical represented at the GHC in Cincinnati?

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Good morning!

We will have many of our reps at GHC Cincinnati, and all of our current Simply Classical levels (A, B, C, 1, and 2) on display there as well. These reps can answer general questions about the special needs curriculum, and your friend can spend as long as she wants browsing the books. For detailed placement advice tailored to the specific needs of her son, she will want to contact Cheryl Swope, either by posting on this forum or by email. Cheryl can provide far more specific placement advice, as well as strategies for implementation, due to her background and training.

All of us look forward to helping your friend and her son. Thank you for sharing with her about Simply Classical.
      Thanks! Exactly what I needed to know!
      Michaela
      Daughter: Age 11 MP 6A (MPOA for TFL, 6th grade math, and composition)
      Son: Age 6 1st Grade MP Traditional Spelling, Literature, Math, and Handwriting
      for 2019/2020 school year

Comment

Working...
      X