Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Sodalitas 2017 - News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherylswope
    replied
    Re: Sodalitas 2017 - News

It is probably good that Michelle does not read this forum!

Here she is, disarmingly unassuming, for anyone who missed this ~15-min radio interview.

Leave a comment:

• Anita
    replied

Originally posted by SPearson View Post
    Can I head up the Michelle Swope fan club for Sodalitas? As in, be nominated to be President or something???
    You'll have to arm wrestle me for it

Leave a comment:

• SPearson
    replied

Can I head up the Michelle Swope fan club for Sodalitas? As in, be nominated to be President or something???

Leave a comment:

• Gigi
    replied

Yay! I saw the email earlier today that a young poet would be attending I'm counting down, too! I'm so excited!

Leave a comment:

• sfhargett
    replied

Originally posted by cherylswope View Post
    18 spots remain. See the link.

It is now official: a gentle young poet will join us. She is already asking me, "How much longer??"
    Very exciting! I'm asking how much longer too!

Leave a comment:

• howiecram
    replied

It is now official: a gentle young poet will join us. She is already asking me, "How much longer??"
    This is very exciting!! I can not wait to meet her!

Leave a comment:

• Anita
    replied

WELCOME, MICHELLE SWOPE!
    (Big round of applause, banners, confetti, strike up the band)

How *much* longer? Cannot wait.

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Colomama
    replied

Totally open to suggestions. But, yes I was planning on covering as many touchy-Feely things as possible. The caterpillar, etc.

Just let me know!

Leave a comment:

• jen1134
    replied

Sodalitas Gathering July 10-11, 2017

We now have at least 4 speakers you will recognize from the K-8 and SC forums:

Jessica (pickandgrin) -- Opening (pictured far right in the group photo)

Mary (orthodoxhandmaiden) -- Schooling through Suffering

Michelle (Colomama) -- Show & Tell: How to Teach from the Visual Aids in SC 1, 2, 3
    This will include Calvin the Caterpillar and those R&S Arithmetic posters. Colomama's suitcase will be full!

Anita (Anita!) -- Gaining Your Vision: Simplifying Your Home School

Our SC group will join plenary sessions on moral imagination (Andrew Pudewa) and teaching morality through the classics (Martin Cothran).

We will also have two private times together, one at the beginning and one near the end, to meet each other, share confidentially, and address specific questions together. We want to be sure you receive answers to any questions you bring with you. I will lead these sessions, but we all contribute. Those sessions were my favorite last year.

And we will have our own breakouts on 1) Latin & the Arts and 2) Math, Music & Memory with Special Needs, both of which I plan to present.

During the Sup & Shop, and throughout the two days, MP staff will be available to help if needed. At the very end of our gathering, Mrs. Cheryl Lowe plans to leave us with closing words. (If you have not yet met Mrs. Lowe, or even if you have, just being in her quiet presence is inspiring. She became a homeschooler out of necessity! Read her story through the link.)

If interested, here is the new 2017 Sodalitas Special Needs Track Schedule. Even if you sign up for the SN track, you can easily move from one track to another, if you would like.

Find More Sodalitas Information here.

Note that you can also sign up for an additional day (Wed.) through the pre-teacher training conference sessions. This includes the Art & Music session with Dr. Carol Reynolds.

Whether you read here or post, or both, register early this year, before we reach capacity.

We don't use R&S but will be using SC2 next year...will Michelle's talk cover visual aids for other SC2 subjects as well?

Leave a comment:

• sfhargett
    replied

Originally posted by pickandgrin View Post
    sad that I can't be every where at once to hear it all!
    Yes! There are definitely a few times where I'd very much like to be in two places at once!

These sessions sound wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• pickandgrin
    replied

So excited about you two--Anita and Michelle! Also, sad that I can't be every where at once to hear it all!

Leave a comment:

• Anita
    replied

So glad Michelle is presenting! And of course everything else sounds wonderful. Hoorah!

Leave a comment:

• SPearson
    replied

CANNOT WAIT! YAY! Thanks, Cheryl. I better get on that registration! Looks like early bird pricing ends March 31st!

SusanP in VA

Leave a comment:

• cherylswope
    started a topic Sodalitas 2017 - News

Sodalitas 2017 - News

Sodalitas Gathering July 10-11, 2017

We now have at least 4 speakers you will recognize from the K-8 and SC forums:

Jessica (pickandgrin) -- Opening (pictured far right in the group photo)

Mary (orthodoxhandmaiden) -- Schooling through Suffering

Michelle (Colomama) -- Show & Tell: How to Teach from the Visual Aids in SC 1, 2, 3
    This will include Calvin the Caterpillar and those R&S Arithmetic posters. Colomama's suitcase will be full!

Anita (Anita!) -- Gaining Your Vision: Simplifying Your Home School

Our SC group will join plenary sessions on moral imagination (Andrew Pudewa) and teaching morality through the classics (Martin Cothran).

We will also have two private times together, one at the beginning and one near the end, to meet each other, share confidentially, and address specific questions together. We want to be sure you receive answers to any questions you bring with you. I will lead these sessions, but we all contribute. Those sessions were my favorite last year.

And we will have our own breakouts on 1) Latin & the Arts and 2) Math, Music & Memory with Special Needs, both of which I plan to present.

During the Sup & Shop, and throughout the two days, MP staff will be available to help if needed. At the very end of our gathering, Mrs. Cheryl Lowe plans to leave us with closing words. (If you have not yet met Mrs. Lowe, or even if you have, just being in her quiet presence is inspiring. She became a homeschooler out of necessity! Read her story through the link.)

If interested, here is the new 2017 Sodalitas Special Needs Track Schedule. Even if you sign up for the SN track, you can easily move from one track to another, if you would like.

Find More Sodalitas Information here.

Note that you can also sign up for an additional day (Wed.) through the pre-teacher training conference sessions. This includes the Art & Music session with Dr. Carol Reynolds.

Whether you read here or post, or both, register early this year, before we reach capacity.
Working...
X