Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Mary! Its Nubia! We met at the Forth Worth Convention today :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary! Its Nubia! We met at the Forth Worth Convention today :)

Mary!

I am SO happy we met today at the forth worth homeschool convention. Extra plus that I got to bring my kids over to meet such a special lady. My 3 year old gave you the best hug and that was the sweetest!!

I have been truly blessed by our conversation from one special needs momma to another. Its just a special kind of world and it is truly magic when I connect with other moms with similar experiences.

I love that I met you!

Please tell Cheryl I am officially moving on to a special needs curriculum. ha ha

I have to reiterate that this level 2 appears to have been made specifically for my son. Its like he was consulted before developing it.

I didnt say it then but when I was looking through the different workbooks I had to hold back my emotions. It is absolutely PERFECT for him. Its a classical education that is created for ALL kids. My son will not be left out from the classical method and that fills me joy it brings tears to my eyes. right now. I love him. He is who he is by God's design. He is loved by God and so are all special needs kids!

Mary! you made all the difference at this exhibit! Such a warm and friendly face! I could have given you many more hugs!

With Love,
    Nubia Echavarria Wicks
    nwicks629@gmail.com

Re: Mary! Its Nubia! We met at the Forth Worth Convention today

NUBIA!! Good Morning!

I am packing and getting ready to leave Ft. Worth and your message just made my day! It was so lovely to meet you (and, let's be honest, snuggling with Benny was the highlight of my weekend) and I'm thrilled that you've found what you need in Simply Classical. Cheryl has done such a wonderful job of not only creating a curriculum that meets so many needs, but also in making it so adaptable to each child/family. <3

I remember being the mom standing at the curriculum fair several years ago near tears because nobody had what I needed for my son. People saw a mom overreacting because she couldn't (or wouldn't) make their curriculum fit his needs (I was actually told by one company a very long time ago that he just needed the discipline of a boxed curriculum and that I just needed to buy it and then fit it to his needs). What they didn't see was the line of therapists, doctors and family members telling her (me) all the reasons she ought not homeschool, the reasons this would fail and that he would be better off in a classroom setting. They didn't see that this mama (me!) was on her own, following her heart and had no idea where to start, what to ask or even how to adapt.

This is why I hang out in the MP booth. Through God's grace, I'd like to offer a hug when I see myself in another mom who's standing there wondering how on earth she's going to give her child everything s/he needs - emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and therapeutically.

Truth be told: I am now the mom who, behind closed doors, stands and cries because I wonder how things will turn out for my daughter. I told another mama this weekend that I knew I was blessed when I finally crossed over to full MP cores (after doing literature and science for a few years); however, I didn't know how fortunate I was until my oldest became seriously ill last summer. I have been able to pick up my CGs and the bare minimum of texts/literature books and school on the road, in hospital rooms, doctor's offices, hotel rooms and lobbies, grandparents' living rooms and even in the car. I have been able - without much effort at all - to adapt her curriculum to her needs while still providing a full curriculum for the rest of my kids...all while still battling the insurance company, dealing with doctors, arguing with labs (oh, THAT'S a funny story!), traveling across the US for medical care and all the related baggage that comes with her illness. Best of all, I can adapt to her ever-changing needs. Some days are good, some days are not. We deal. Her homeschool lessons are the least of my worries because they're flexible by design, not because I have to work to make them that way.

This is not a sales pitch. This is real life. I sincerely hope there is never a mama standing and crying at a homeschool convention because there is nothing there for her child. There absolutely is and there are kindhearted souls backing it up. I think you are going to love the mamas here because they are full of wit and wisdom and they are pulling for you! Please come here with questions and updates - even if they pop up before you start using Level 2! <3
    Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek
    DS12 - 7th core
    DD7 - Still finishing 1st core at her own happy pace :-)

Comment

Nubia,

Start a new thread to introduce yourself and your adorable kids! The other moms would enjoy "meeting" you here on the forum. You are a really neat person and you'll fit right in here.

Mary
      Mary

DD14 - 9th core + CLRC Ancient Greek
      DS12 - 7th core
      DD7 - Still finishing 1st core at her own happy pace :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nwicks629 View Post
        I have been truly blessed by our conversation from one special needs momma to another. Its just a special kind of world and it is truly magic when I connect with other moms with similar experiences.

I have to reiterate that this level 2 appears to have been made specifically for my son. Its like he was consulted before developing it.

I didn't say it then but when I was looking through the different workbooks I had to hold back my emotions. It is absolutely PERFECT for him. Its a classical education that is created for ALL kids. My son will not be left out from the classical method and that fills me joy it brings tears to my eyes. right now.

With Love,
        Nubia Echavarria Wicks
        nwicks629@gmail.com

Dear Nubia,

This brought tears to MY eyes! Thank you for this.

I am so happy you met Mary. We love Mary. She will be sharing with us at Sodalitas in July. Come, if you can.

Our Special Needs Track is growing. I have a very fun Sodalitas announcement about another SC Forum mom-turned-speaker, coming soon ....

Thanks again to you, Nubia, and to Mary.

Cheryl

Comment

Oh Cheryl, I am so glad you saw this.

This curriculum has been a blessing to so many.

I will look into that even in the summer. I would love to be there. How exciting that speakers and mentors are being developed out of this curriculum. The more the better to reach all other families out there who need help!

Nubia Wicks

Comment

Working...
          X