Announcement

Collapse

Disclaimer - Read This First

Disclaimer

This website contains general information about medical and educational conditions and treatments. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The educational and medical information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Cheryl Swope, M.Ed. and Memoria Press make no representations or warranties in relation to the information on this website.

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or individualized advice from any other professional healthcare or educational provider. If you think you or your child may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention.

You should never delay seeking medical or educational advice, disregard medical or educational advice, or discontinue medical or educational treatment because of any information on this website.
See more
See less

Progression of Math and Future Grade Levels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progression of Math and Future Grade Levels

What will the math be for the future SC Levels? I saw a lineup at one point but now I can't find it. Also how far will SC go? I've heard both level 8 and level 9 as end points.

Re: Progression of Math and Future Grade Levels

A full SC scope & sequence (curriculum plan) is on our to-do list!

Until then, we know this:

SC (long-term) is designed for students with significant learning challenges.

Customization will help to allow for variances in abilities.

In math, we plan to progress at least to mastery of Arithmetic. But again, more advanced mathematicians can easily customize to the MP math plan.

Total number of levels will be at least ABC readiness, 123 primary, 456 scholar, 78 advanced. I am open to 9 if MP sees a need, which explains why I completed that triad in an earlier discussion.

Answering the frequent next question ... We plan to release at least one level per year.

Just so you know, we are also working on mini-courses, SC Social/Emotional/Manners, for multiple ages. Those might release in between SC 3 and SC 4 and can be taught over summers or as supplements.

Now you know what we know. ☺

Comment

Cheryl, when might SC 3 be available, or a sample up on the website? I really, really appreciate all you do.

Dinner time is going better, by the way. Thank you for all your good ideas. We've read the books you recommended more than once, and also have a bowl of conversation starters. Thanks! Lillian

Comment

Originally posted by LillianinAl View Post
        Cheryl, when might SC 3 be available, or a sample up on the website? I really, really appreciate all you do.

Dinner time is going better, by the way. Thank you for all your good ideas. We've read the books you recommended more than once, and also have a bowl of conversation starters. Thanks! Lillian
        Thank you, Lillian. We are aiming for a late spring release. With yellow crocus tops bursting through our soil, this will be in just a few months!

I love integration of content throughout art, writing, and history for our children because of the inherent repetition that never seems like redundancy when presented differently, ... so our task right now is triple checking one last time for consistent coordination between the Copybook, SC More Storytime, SC Writing, and then the new SC Enrichment Guide. We're getting closer to sending all books to the printer.

Thanks for the update. Hooray for dinner time! I like the "bowl of conversation starters." (My kids would love that.) Good to hear from you.

Comment

Working...
        X